New Charvel Day

I don't know what is going on with MIM Charvels and the prices. $1600 for a MIM? just seems steep. and a shit tremolo. they are made in the same factory as MIM Fenders that sell for half (obviously not necessarily created equal). at that price point if I were to be buying a Charvel I would just go Chubtone. a little bit more but fuck it would be worth it. Also I have noticed MIM Fender to be pretty consistent and have heard of issues with MIM Charvel (not experienced issues first hand) but that would suck to deal with at the price.

I do have one MIM Charvel (DK22) and it's an awesome guitar for the $550 (w/OHSC) I bought it for but it would not be worth the $1200 or whatever they sell for new.

For me I will not buy another Charvel unless it's USA or MIJ. my USA and MIJ Charvels have been great to me for a damn long time (2009-2011) and I don't ever forsee getting rid of them.

It cost me almost $1400 just in parts to build my nitro aged clone. Considering the stores probably pay $1100 before markup, I think it’s reasonable. The high end PRS and Gibson Floyd guitars have 1000s. For a vanilla guitar no, but the extra work on these seems reasonable.

Pass for me too. Plus, I think it's a little TOO relic'd. :LOL: :LOL:

i agree. Sometimes these companies go overboard with the relic thing. This being one. Mexican made, with Korean Floyd, definitely a pass for me at 1600, and I am a big Charvel fan. I love their guitars. Just sold one not too long ago that I totally regret letting go.

i agree. Sometimes these companies go overboard with the relic thing. This being one. Mexican made, with Korean Floyd, definitely a pass for me at 1600, and I am a big Charvel fan. I love their guitars. Just sold one not too long ago that I totally regret letting go.

that's exactly where I am at. I snagged my USA So-cal and MIJ San Dimas with cases for less than this MIM

that's exactly where I am at. I snagged my USA So-cal and MIJ San Dimas with cases for less than this MIM
I think it's a cool look, although I usually don't roll with the relic look this is a sig guitar so it had to be just as worn as the original, or it wouldn't be true to the 'signature' title. I'm intrigued by it, and go back n forth on buying one.
The biggest problem I'm gonna have is the standard that I'm used to, with the 08 and 09 USAs that I have here being as good or better than the previous 3 Charvel customs I owned. That's a pretty high mark to hit, but I wouldn't expect the MiM Charvel to hit the mark. But if I can set it up to be kinda close, I'd have a keeper.
But as others have said, 1600 for a MiM Charvel vs a Chubtone for the same coin? Hard to justify NOT getting the Chubtone.

Maybe I'll wait for a used one to pop up down the road.

The biggest problem I'm gonna have is the standard that I'm used to, with the 08 and 09 USAs that I have here being as good or better than the previous 3 Charvel customs I owned. That's a pretty high mark to hit, but I wouldn't expect the MiM Charvel to hit the mark. But if I can set it up to be kinda close, I'd have a keeper.
But as others have said, 1600 for a MiM Charvel vs a Chubtone for the same coin? Hard to justify NOT getting the Chubtone.

Maybe I'll wait for a used one to pop up down the road.

that is where I essentially am at.

Back