New Death Metal

I love the common thread I’m hearing of in these clips is real drums. Maybe not all and some real, plus additives 😉 but most of what I’ve clicked on sounds real and the better for it.

I figured since there is not much on here in the way of some of the newer more underground death metal bands, I'd start this thread to share some of the more recent gems out there.

There's a huge scene in Chile, also - so many great bands out of there right now...I'll post some of them throughout this thread as time goes (Infamovs' Stench of the Unholy Graves is below and is great from start to finish

Profanation. Named after an Incantation song. Has a song named Incantation. Solid recommendation

Last edited:
Malignant Altar is another one that recently split-up that I'm sad to see go - they share a few members with Church Of Disgust, another Texas band that is a favorite of mine:

The uber-prolific Gene Palubicki with Hexorcist

I'm really into the new Moribund Visceral Hemorrhage CD, "Ossuary of Obscenity". It's really obscure.

I'm glad to see others into and digging this. I saw a thread a guy started on another forum the other day complaining there was no good death metal out and I just had to shake my head as there's so much great stuff but most aren't hearing it as it is far from the mainstream and that's a shame as there's some great, great music being written and recorded.

Mortal Wound out of Los Angeles...they've got a new full length coming out on the 24th - this is off a split they did in 2020

This crew from NJ is also responsible for Altar Of Gore and Massive Retaliation

as cool as some of these bands sound its just hard for me to sit through a 40 minute album of riff salad where a riff is literally never repeated these days like i used to, like its ok dudes to maybe repeat the couple great riffs in every song and actually have that.. a song lol, we arent gonna pull your death metal card...

heres a couple recent ones from my recent playlist:

and my current favorite. that snare!!!

They're just trying to avoid the other idiots that are doing that ridiculous hardcore dancing/crowd killing crap at these slam shows. Not a fan of that shit at all.
Fun in ‘94 but it does look pretty goofy in ‘24. I am trying to figure out if the band asked everyone to clear the entire floor for the 10 dancers or what. It’s hard to imagine older heads abiding the kiddos swinging their arms around OR stuffing themselves on the sidelines. 🤷‍♂️

Back