New Diezel day and lesson learned…

MesaSean

I bagged up a mint condition 2014 VH4 with 6L6 power tubes. And it sounds so glorious. I love it. Except I prefer the clean channel on my VHX much more and of course the flexibility, but sometimes the VHX can be paralyzing in terms of having too many options. I’ve never had one with 6L6 power tubes, but love the tone. I usually find I have to run a 10 bandicoot through channel one in the insert to make a sparkle to my tastes.

Lesson learned not to sell this damn thing lol. I’ve had about five of these amps in my lifetime since 2003 and I don’t know why I end up selling them. They sound so good and I feel like they’re timeless in terms of what they can do.

Here’s some current pictures of the rig set up. I’m running it through a front loaded cabinet with G 12 speakers and then a Mesa Boogie 4 x 12 with vintage 30s.

Cheers!
Pics:

Nice! I don't ever want to sell my VH4.
I play mine at home now through a Marshall 4x12 (T75s)
with a Quad Cortex in 4CM.
Sounds AMAZING!

Really great setup you have there, Sean!

Let me know if you want... I can make a clip with all my settings. I was going for that late 90's all 2000's Hetfield JC-120 + Mesa Triaxis God clean tone. :)
Sure, I’m always curious how others dial in their settings. And it’s not like I’m strapped for preset banks in the amp, hehe.

Right there with you OP. VH4 is just so damn unique and has such a signature sound that it is completely in its own lane. Also, the feel of that amp man - it's just so much fun to play. Absolute classic.

I have a VHX as well but I rarely use it, putting it up for sale soon. Amazing piece of engineering but way too big of a rabbit hole for me. I do agree the cleans are unbelievable on that amp and I also may prefer the crunch channel on it.

Right there with you OP. VH4 is just so damn unique and has such a signature sound that it is completely in its own lane. Also, the feel of that amp man - it's just so much fun to play. Absolute classic.

I have a VHX as well but I rarely use it, putting it up for sale soon. Amazing piece of engineering but way too big of a rabbit hole for me. I do agree the cleans are unbelievable on that amp and I also may prefer the crunch channel on it.
Don’t get me wrong I still LOVE my VHX … and want to have it re tubed w 6L6 tubes. Just the VHX can get overwhelming as you know already with too many options. But I love em both.

Back