New Duncan Brandon Ellis sig Parallel Axis humbucker

I don't need the pickup, but I've been working on a diminished lick he does. It's a lick I've done for years but he plays it with hammer-ons where I played it with all picking. He has lots of cool licks that he makes look easy.

I was a patreon of his for a while and he just seems like a super nice dude, idk if I believe the prima donna stuff. Great playing Brandon!

Whoa, I don't know who your friend is, but I can tell you for certain I have never done that to a single person in my life, least not on purpose. I did end up on the receiving end of exactly that situation though on my first tour ever by a hero of mine and I am still bitter about that guy.
giphy.gif

Welcome brandon, been a huge fan of your work since day one. Hope to see you around here in a big way.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine (pro guitar player), told me he approached Brandon one time to shake his hand and meet him and he said Brandon folded his arms in arrogance, turned his nose up to the air and went "hmm"! As if to think his poo doesn't stink and he's better than everyone else. After I heard that story, fuck that guy. Yeah he's a great player but I'm no longer interested in what he does.
Touring players need to be careful about Covid too. It's still out there. I approached Tony Levin (whose hand I'd shaken before) at a Stick Men show last year, and he drew back. It wasn't arrogance, just caution. We did the 'Rona elbow bump instead.

When you're locked into a busy schedule, it isn't prudent to be shaking hands with dozens of people every day.

i just want to know what the charvel LP Model is in his newest video release. The Video is him playing the tornado of souls solo.

I noticed your post here Brandon but will you post anything beyond this topic? I sent you a PM and haven't heard from you.

Whoa, I don't know who your friend is, but I can tell you for certain I have never done that to a single person in my life, least not on purpose. I did end up on the receiving end of exactly that situation though on my first tour ever by a hero of mine and I am still bitter about that guy.
Start a traditional Heavy Metal band, I know your influences and style are deeply rooted in it!

Brandon, thanks for chiming in on the site. I hope people don't run you away! It's definitely a site full of metalhead and metal/rock gear enthusiasts. And your Jacksons and 80s guitars are awesome!
Nah, we would never run anyone off on purpose. Well. Maybe once or twice. We don't have a lot of hardcore rules here and we kind of police ourselves so you do get people speaking rather directly. Welcome Brandon :cheers:

Speaking of directly....

I had fleeting thoughts of running away with him and starting a new life. We'd own a dog and call him Butch. We'd gentrify a small southern town. As quickly as those thoughts came, he hopped in his car and took off. I headed to the bathroom to wipe my ass because it was moist.
:LOL: Oh Fuck That Was Funny :LOL:

Ellis lives local to me. I met him a handful of times, always seemed like a very shy guy. I worked in a retail store and sold him an old Peavey Butcher cab. I helped carry it to his car, he shook my hand, then proceeded to look straight into my eyes and stare into my soul. I don't think I can possibly write how odd it felt. My wife doesn't even look into my eyes that intensely. That little moment has stuck with me, it would have stuck with me if he was a stranger. I had fleeting thoughts of running away with him and starting a new life. We'd own a dog and call him Butch. We'd gentrify a small southern town. As quickly as those thoughts came, he hopped in his car and took off. I headed to the bathroom to wipe my ass because it was moist.

Anyway, he's a very friendly guy. I've met a lot of pro guys and 9/10 they are nice if you just talk to them like a human being and not freak out.

Confirmed true story but it was an old 5150 cab with some WGS ET90 someone swapped in that I wanted to try.

Back