New Extreme

Kapo_Polenton

Heavier which is nice but I feel like the chorus is safe and very new age. Similar to what Skid row did. I also don't like the effect on Gary's voice. His dance moves...well....

Nuno ripping as always which ya gotta respect. Love that he didn't deliver some lame ass radio safe lead.

Production sounds a bit like it suffers from the loudness wars effect and digital smearing.

I dig it. Mad credit to them for still putting stuff like this out. Looks like Nuno's backline is all Marshall?? I 'believe' he used a JCM800 on the first album. Something so aggressive a crisp about a cranked 800. I loved that extended heavy muted part at the tail end of the solo. Really cool.

Devin beat me to it - has a real STP vibe... I really like parts of it, but overall? Not sure. I'm a big Extreme/Nuno fan, so I'll give it a few more listens...

I dig it. Mad credit to them for still putting stuff like this out. Looks like Nuno's backline is all Marshall?? I 'believe' he used a JCM800 on the first album. Something so aggressive a crisp about a cranked 800. I loved that extended heavy muted part at the tail end of the solo. Really cool.

I think it was Laney Pro tubes first album goosed with RAT. I have a pro tubes ( before I modded it) and it had this hairiness to the gain that I hear on Extreme 1. I think Marshalls with a RAT have been his backline for 30 years though.

Reactions: PDC
As somebody who really digs Nuno's ability to write riffs and play great solos...

That was really, really boring.

The riffs and chorus are very paint-by-numbers generic sounding. And it sounds like it was mixed by a country artist mixer. Hey let's mix every instrument to be quiet, soft, muted and polite EXCEPT for the vocals which we're going to max out.

And the solo lasted a full minute. There were some good ideas and cool licks in there but there was so much filler. All the good parts could have fit into about a 3rd of that time.

Nice guitar tone though. :)

Last edited:
meh. I think above all I don't like the production of it. It's a cool riff and it's Gary sounding like Gary, but it sounded so lifeless to me.

Saw that earlier. Never cared for Cherone but Nuno playing with some fire in this one. The solo is a little all over the place but I like the abandon he puts into it.

Extreme is still a thing? I thought they went into the sunset after No More Words :LOL:

Song is meh. The part at 2:54 is cool. Otherwise, I'd rather hear another crappy Kirk Hammet solo.

Back