New Extreme

Except for a couple passages in the solo, every last bit of that song sounds so far below Nuno's skill level that it almost seems as some YouTube guitarist of mediocre skill level wrote it for him and he just played the parts.

Except for a couple passages in the solo, every last bit of that song sounds so far below Nuno's skill level that it almost seems as some YouTube guitarist of mediocre skill level wrote it for him and he just played the parts.
No doubt, but the first single is usually that way.

I dig it , I would not instantly recognize it as Extreme until the solo and yes the solo is like a jam and maybe not as melodic as some stuff but I like the energy
I had it cranked up in the truck and it grooves pretty good

Reactions: Geo
The main riff sounds like they were coming back in 1999 and trying to blend in. I don’t think they realize we’re at a time where the “sound” they were a part of has come back around at least twice now…lol

As somebody who really digs Nuno's ability to write riffs and play great solos...

That was really, really boring.

The riffs and chorus are very paint-by-numbers generic sounding. And it sounds like it was mixed by a country artist mixer. Hey let's mix every instrument to be quiet, soft, muted and polite EXCEPT for the vocals which we're going to max out.

And the solo lasted a full minute. There were some good ideas and cool licks in there but there was so much filler. All the good parts could have fit into about a 3rd of that time.

Nice guitar tone though. :)
I think I agree. The song reminded me of Nuno's early 2000's solo album with the big predictable choruses. I don't think this one had that funk meets pop meets hard rock that even some of the last album did. It doesn't really have an Extreme sound. It has a vanilla new age band sound. Also yeah, production is lacking. Generally Nuno also has solos that tell a story and this time he just rips. Cool and all but I think it's a bit unfocused and could have been better of i had been there to give them tips 😀

The solo was cool, felt it disconnected from the song, but still cool shreddery. I like the clean tone thing in it. The song didn’t do much for me but will admit I had the chorus circling around my head long after listening, so I’m sure it could grow on me if I kept listening

Nice autotune on vocals.

I think I'll just stick to everything made before 1997 just in case.

Back