New fedex policy same fedex bullsh*t

They failed to deliver an amp to me today, who knows where it is - “there is no estimated delivery date at this time”. I’m getting it back from being repaired after it was damaged the first time during shipping.

Not inspiring a lot of confidence.

I've had my Fedex account for 17 years. You create the label, drop off the package and you're done. I don't think I've ever had one opened because I overpack. If you just take it to Fedex without a label, then they'll open it before insurance is approved. That's been going on for years. So you're better off printing your own label from your account, and not showing up with your account # and a package.

This has come about because people were getting lots of insurance for poorly packed shipments, and they had to cover their ass. I had a former RT member (Chad...something or other) ship back speakers that he had Fedex certify because a UPS store packed it. 7 out of the 8 speakers came in with bent frames. He'd used a whopping 1/2" of packing around them and expected them to survive a 2000 mile trip.

Fedex paid his claim, but when they came to inspect at my shop, the inspector said Fedex was had by the UPS owner. That was 7-8 years ago now, and I imagine incidents like that probably helped lead to this new policy.

It's the same old story, one bad apple ruins it for everyone.

Man..dudes..I just shipped out one of my final
guitars..a f'n cherry..talk about gettin' up under
it??..that dude is gonna be like W in TF??
I packed that guitar like artwork with a true musician feel..
I used UPS cause I managed the plaza that the UPS store is located at for over 20 years & many projects for the owner of that UPS store location..
I still do it right regardless, cuz who's he?
He ain't those numbers..numbers don't have feelings...you have to protect yourself from
ALL BULLSHIT...whether or not all's been peachy..
Change is the only constant you can't rely on.

I’m sure it varies by region but FedEx around here sucks ass… UPS has always been better.

I hate fed ex . They always are a problem . Always
It definitely varies depending on your area, but where I'm at (central Louisiana) Fedex is the worst of the worst. I die a little inside anytime I buy something and then see that I got a Fedex tracking number. I can't remember the last time they smoothly delivered a package to me without fake "delivery attempted" notifications for days

Yep, they're always a problem. And they do the the fake "delivery attempted" shit with me too. It drives me absolutely insane.

Every. Single. FedEx package I've had delivered in the last year I've had to schedule a pickup at the store, and every. Single. Time. They fuck it up somehow and the package is never where it's supposed to be.

I actually am getting close to the point where I'm just going to refuse delivery of anything coming from FedEx.

I just got a WGS 10" Green Beret shipped in by UPS. They had to replace the label, while they were doing that they punched in the top of the box about 6 inches long about 2 inches deep. Then they taped the box back up and shipped it anyway, even knowing they dented the speaker cone.

Speaker gets here with about a 3/8" round "ding" in it, and the doping around the cone / frame edge tweaked from the cardboard being pushed into it.

Sure enough it sounds thin and trebly, not what I've experienced with this speaker before (I have two in a 4x12 with some original G10M from 1970).

So yeah, UPS sucks, in CA and AZ. This makes 32 out of 39 damaged shipments since 2007 when I started keeping track. That's an 82% damage ratio.

I'll take my chances with Fedex, USPS is fast catching up on UPS this year, though.

Yep, they're always a problem. And they do the the fake "delivery attempted" shit with me too. It drives me absolutely insane.

Every. Single. FedEx package I've had delivered in the last year I've had to schedule a pickup at the store, and every. Single. Time. They fuck it up somehow and the package is never where it's supposed to be.

I actually am getting close to the point where I'm just going to refuse delivery of anything coming from FedEx.
I agree . And I actually do ask people to not use fed ex . My Diezel Herbert was supposedly delivered 5 times but I was home . I live in Ohio. And after the failed attempts they took back an hr to ft Wayne Indiana each time

I agree . And I actually do ask people to not use fed ex . My Diezel Herbert was supposedly delivered 5 times but I was home . I live in Ohio. And after the failed attempts they took back an hr to ft Wayne Indiana each time
Holy shit man I would have been LIVID

With big ticket items I've been pretty lucky

Actually same shit happened when I got my Vh4 as well . So there’s my 2 fed ex complaints lol . Frustrating

Ive had some bad ones too. I had one item that they eventually returned to sender without leaving any "attempt to deliver" notes - they delivered the notes to a house a block away on accident.

Ive had some bad ones too. I had one item that they eventually returned to sender without leaving any "attempt to deliver" notes - they delivered the notes to a house a block away on accident.
I was so worried that that was happening. I’m serious I tell people no fed ex at this point

Fedex used to be very good in my area.... now they are just like everyone else.... I read that they took a financial hit recently due to their strange business model/system... they also are pricing things way out of line these days. I'm glad my buying and selling days stopped years ago

Maybe it's time for the mom & pop shops to open back up, then we won't have to worry about shipping.

Like the good old days.

Taking a guitar off the rack and giving it a whirl or pluging into an amp to try it out first. Ahh, the good ol' days.

Back