NEW GEAR DAY. VHT UltraLead!! :)

Hey guys,

Well, without going too overboard, I will just say I really am digging the way the UltraLead sounds. I played one a few weeks back and was impressed enough that I knew I wanted to have one for myself, so I went out and found one. It is everything you always hear VHT stuff to be, super tight, super clear and very refined. Clean is really good, Orange/Yellow channel is nice and fat. Quite warm, and Red Channel is balls out heavy, clear distortion. I REALLY dig KT88 tubes. I loved them in the D120 I had, and I love them even more in this amp. It's a dry sounding amp of course, but it isn't a bad quality, IMO. I'm interested to hear how it will sound in a band setting, but that may be a while, so I guess until then I shall just jam it and have fun. Anyways, here are some pics.

UltraLead2.jpg

UltraLead4.jpg

UltraLead3.jpg

UltraLead.jpg

-Ans-

PFFT!!! Bastard... I'd love to have one... perhaps I'll come knocking at your door with a gift... :gethim: :LOL: Congratz!!

:|::QBB:
tjon":42d09 said:
my friend wants 2800 for his

Good lord. I send him the best luck I can muster to snag that much for that bugger. that is gonna be a pretty hard sale, but more power to him if he can get it! :thumbsup:

Did he buy it locally?

-A-

guitarslingerans":be46c said:
Yeah definitely. I'd like to try a CLX and maybe a 50CL now as well. I wish I would've bought yours off of you now, Tony. :doh:

-Ans-

Given my track record, I will probably be selling another CL int eh next few months :D :LOL: :LOL:

VHTs rock! I already miss the CLX. Best lead tone I've had up to this point. I'm sure the Mark IV will sound great too!

guitarslingerans":572c5 said:
Hey guys,

Well, without going too overboard, I will just say I really am digging the way the UltraLead sounds. I played one a few weeks back and was impressed enough that I knew I wanted to have one for myself, so I went out and found one. It is everything you always hear VHT stuff to be, super tight, super clear and very refined. Clean is really good, Orange/Yellow channel is nice and fat. Quite warm, and Red Channel is balls out heavy, clear distortion. I REALLY dig KT88 tubes. I loved them in the D120 I had, and I love them even more in this amp. It's a dry sounding amp of course, but it isn't a bad quality, IMO. I'm interested to hear how it will sound in a band setting, but that may be a while, so I guess until then I shall just jam it and have fun. Anyways, here are some pics.

-Ans-

Congrats :)

I thought I read in one of your posts awhile go that you didn't like the UL when you demoed one but I might have it mixed up :LOL:

I have one fitted with GE 6550's and it kills, but I do want to try some KT-88's when I have the cash to spend :)

Here's a thread I posted awhile back when I jammed with it at higher volumes:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15658&highlight=ultralead

Back