New Gibson TV Interview: Jerry Cantrell

I watched the whole thing. I'm a big fan of Jerry. One of the all time best at semi-tones. I saw AIC with Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth back on July 7, 1991 when they first came out. I remember thinking that they were going to be huge. I ended up hanging out with a band I had never heard of named Death after meeting James Murphy in the crowd. It seems like yesterday. Times flies.

The garage full of music equipment from EVH is so cool, plus getting the gold top back.
Living with Eddie Vettor.
How good a friend he was with Dimebag.
How they tricked Layne into joining their band, taking the name Alice and Chains and changing it.
Calling up the drummer and asking him if he knew the bass player, who unknown to Jerry, was actually dating the bass player's sister.
The whole "Rooster" story was chilling.

Yep loved that episode and that vinyl collection was insane. I would also have loved to seen his guitar collection.

thanks for posting that. great interview. I did a nice deep dive on AIC earlier this week, listenting to all their records and a watching some bootlegs on you tube. i really liked his solo album, boggy depot too. he did a solo tour for that back in the day, and my pals and i were all there at the detroit date, sneakin smoke and drink underage.
good times, those mid/late 90's before nu-metal hit.

nice of eddie to give jerry a music man guitar and 2 full stacks for free cuz he could.

What I have never figured is where the money came from to keep air play for all those years when there was no band? Clear channel back then was 10k a month for one song in rotation. They've were in rotation for like 2 1/2 decades. I said something in passing to Lynch while discussing a Harley sale and he sort of got agitated that I said that. Just thought it weird.

Just watched that, very cool indeed. I was planning on watching the Iommi one next, anyone see it here?

Back