New Judas Priest!

I just listened on Spotify. Fuckin kills. Definite painkiller/turbo vibes. Loved it.

One thing I love about this band is that they never let me down.
out fucking standing.jpg

Pity we have to wait 'till the end of Q1 next year to hear the whole album.

Great effort IMHO. Shows growth. Kills! :rock:

Footnote:
IMHO teenagers these days need to get a bit of this shit into 'em.

:rock:

Footnote:
IMHO teenagers these days need to get a bit of this shit into 'em.

I watch reaction videos sometimes, and it does my heart good to see younger folks discovering classic bands for the first time. They freak out, just blown away by older music. Love it!

Last edited:
That’s one of the chirpiest rhythm guitar sounds that ever chirped. Did they cock a wah, feed it into a 5150 profile that they powered with a 5150? This is a big Meh for me. I’ll always like hearing Rob’s voice but this is not that great to me. The overall sound of it, same ol’ modern drums and the arrangement sounds like replacement members using past Priest moments to figure out how to write a Priest song.

Listened to the new track. They had me, until they nicked the pre solo part from "Tom Sawyer" at the 3 minute mark:rolleyes:

It is a pretty kick ass track though. Halford is on point and some great axe-work.

That’s one of the chirpiest rhythm guitar sounds that ever chirped. Did they cock a wah, feed it into a 5150 profile that they powered with a 5150? This is a big Meh for me. I’ll always like hearing Rob’s voice but this is not that great to me. The overall sound of it, same ol’ modern drums and the arrangement sounds like replacement members using past Priest moments to figure out how to write a Priest song.
Sounds like a Kemper. It bakes that chirp into every profile.

I'm not near as critical as most on here when it comes to music critique. People really have elaborate dissection's of music, especially old bands putting out new music. If it makes me wanna head bang a little, I'll listen to it. Fucked fairly hard I thought, even if it's just a replay of something 80s they already did.

Probably took Rob everything in his power not to shit in his depends hitting those notes at his age for crying out loud...gotta give credit for that alone I think.

Rob's the GOAT. Even at 72, he's still better than most. But... Richie's songs tend to have those happy-go-lucky riffs that sometimes boarder on cheese and weak though. Firepower had some pretty good riffs, but even the song, Firepower, stars off strong and crunchy, then goes downhill..

Not a hater here.. Judas Priest is probably my favorite band of all time. I grew up on it.

For a guy that’s 70 years old in the studio Rob still sounds amazing
Song is really good , lyrics were great it’s classic. Priest on part painkiller one part Turbo and one part Firepower

The main intro riff and solo definitely has lifted the Tom Sawyer breakdown from Rush though

Back