new Les Paul day!!

RaceU4her

saw this on craigslist yesterday and was able to snag it. its a 96 standard, apparently it was black but then someone sanded the paint off. whoever did it did a great job cause i dont think i would know it wasnt a stock finish, theres barely a scratch on the thing. the pickups were replaced but the dude didnt know with what, im gonna grab a 490/498 and redo the wiring. best part is i got it for $900 which is half of what the cheapest standards are going for.

DAKa4Yl.jpg

UwfjbOA.jpg

fotkavv.jpg

Last edited:
Total deal.. I would love a standard but I don't want to pay 2400+ on the used canadian market. You lucked out huge. Paint it black and relic it lol.

saw this on craigslist yesterday and was able to snag it. its a 96 standard, apparently it was black but the someone sanded the paint off. whoever did it did a great job cause i dont think i would know it wasnt a stock finish, theres barely a scratch on the thing. the pickups were replaced but the dude didnt know with what, im gonna grab a 490/498 and redo the wiring. best part is i got it for $900 which is half of what the cheapest standards are going for.

DAKa4Yl.jpg

UwfjbOA.jpg

fotkavv.jpg
That’s fucking awesome!! Sweet fiddle!!

holy shit that's not just a score, it's a steal. 900 bucks??? I woulda thought the thing got sawed in half and glued back together. If I wouldn't have known that it used to be a black guitar i woulda mistook it for a 2001 Raw Power. Congrats on the NGD!!

How did it play?
Did you plug it in and get to hear it?

havent even plugged in yet, the action is a little higher than i like and not knowing what pickups i figure ill just order pickups and have my dude set it up and then have a big party. its super resonate though and louder and more open sounding acoustically than any of my other guitars so im hoping this is a "good" one. this is literally my first experience with any real gibson

Back