New LINE 6 HELIX day?!? *jcm800!added*

Have you guys tried STL Tones? There is some insane sounding stuff there too.

Stl stuff sounds incredible absolutely. Their tonehub is the best out there in my opinion for that kind of thing ( “artist” presets and tones etc). The feel is dead on often to the real thing as well. I use their stuff all the time; their IR loader, controlhub, and tonehub.

You 5153 sounds great. That is all ! The rev F clip is not bad either.

Yea the 5153 is hard to beat, just a phenomenal amp. Probably my favorite mass produced amp today.

But back to the first Uber clip I posted ( the second is more tame), this song is one of those tracks where you would have to automate eq. Because I know what you’re saying about the lack of low end in the beginning riff. But the middle ( thrashy riff) and ending riff have plenty of low end on them. Guys do that all the time in tracks because sometimes it’s hard for one eq curve to be perfect for an entire song/every riff.

I've always thought Line 6's take on the Uber was the best they had to offer, going back to the Pod X3 and Uber Metal pedal.
Which Pod X3 amp model are you referring to? I still have an X3 for quick noodling etc. and I've always enjoyed the Line6 Modern High Gain model, ... but maybe that was based on a Soldano amp... It was some model that was also on the POD 2.0, but not on the Xt (except in the metal expansion pack).
For a 15 year old (!!!) piece of gear, it's still pretty fun to play.
And at the time I learned a lot how to optimize, like using a heavy parametric EQ trick from Glenn DeLaune on the X3, by rolling off high end above 9kHz with a steep filter.

Which Pod X3 amp model are you referring to? I still have an X3 for quick noodling etc. and I've always enjoyed the Line6 Modern High Gain model, ... but maybe that was based on a Soldano amp... It was some model that was also on the POD 2.0, but not on the Xt (except in the metal expansion pack).
And at the time I learned a lot how to optimize, like using a heavy parametric EQ trick from Glenn DeLaune on the X3, by rolling off high end above 9kHz with a steep filter.
I think it's called the Bomber Uber in the X3/XT Gen.

Yea, from the POD days my brain is telling me the modern high gain was an SLO or maybe an x88R??? I mean, those two are essentially the same thing, but I digress.

christ, I can never get the jcm800 to sound that good in helix. are you using new stock cabs?

Hey brotha, this was not a stock cab I believe. This would be @easstudios Marshall gt75 cab, 57/421 mix. But, the stock cabs do sound really good still I think. Try the Uber cab, that might work for this as well.

Last edited:
I've been going back and forth on buying a HX Stomp XL for days recently. Actually went to buy one on Sunday but my local music store was closed. I kind of feel like the Stomp is a bit too limited but the LT is way too big and ugly...

Anyways, cool clip! Sounds like an Uber to me! That 5153 clip though...that sounds amazing. What load box are you using?

I've been going back and forth on buying a HX Stomp XL for days recently. Actually went to buy one on Sunday but my local music store was closed. I kind of feel like the Stomp is a bit too limited but the LT is way too big and ugly...

Anyways, cool clip! Sounds like an Uber to me! That 5153 clip though...that sounds amazing. What load box are you using?

Thanks man! I use the driftwood loadbox, I feel it’s the best I’ve heard personally. Clip was alittle low end heavy, but there was no eq etc. really really great IR’s from Jeff dunne. I think the pack is like 20 bucks or something? Total no brainer

Back