New love for an old pedal?

GearGasms

Doctor Love
The MXR Distortion+ was the first ever dirt pedal that I got to borrow from my guitar teacher in 1979. I remember how much I loved it since I was able to get nothing but cleans out of my solid state Sears amp. He let me borrow it for a week and I didn't want to give it back.

I have not touched one since then. Will I still love it now? What else can you do with it - can you use it with high gain to tighten up the sound? Will I hate it?
Only way to find out is to watch. Please share your MXR Distortion+ story if you have one!
As always thanks to Earle Teat Music in Delmar, Delaware for loaning this to me. Shop local music stores whenever you can!
Celebrate Mediocrity!
alan

It all depends on what amp you use. If you have a Marshall JCM800, I doubt you'll find a better drive pedal than a Distortion +. It doesn't work all that well with a Boogie. Boogies like tube screamers, which sound like shit, IMO, with a Marshall.

Like most MXR pedals, the older the better.

It all depends on what amp you use. If you have a Marshall JCM800, I doubt you'll find a better drive pedal than a Distortion +. It doesn't work all that well with a Boogie. Boogies like tube screamers, which sound like shit, IMO, with a Marshall.

Like most MXR pedals, the older the better.
Yeah I was surprised at how well it paired with my Marshall. It's a DSL100 mind you but I didn't try it with my Mesa.

Back