New Mesa IIc+ Listing on Reverb

Some people are just massively overpaying these. just picked up a mint factory DRGX head for 4k shipped on reverb a few months ago - not cheap by any means for a guitar amp but at least closer to what seems to be a fair value.

I would say 4k is way below what they are typically going for.

12k is ludicrous but 4k is a relative steal these days

$50 the guy who bought it hasn't intonated his gutiar in years or changed his strings in months.

I wonder how these (and other similar "legendary" 80s/90s gear) will retain value in the next 10/15 years. Unfortunately I think that bands like Metallica etc will somewhat decrease in popularity and gear like this will become even more niche than it is today given the older fans will be slowly drifting away from the guitar amps market (don't see a enough 60+ people wanting to buy vintage high gain tube amps to warrant a 10k price but I may be wrong) and the fact the younger generations are not really into tube amps as much as they used to, given all the other good sounding (not better though!) and cheaper options out there. On the other hand, inflation, collectable value / scarcity and the fact that they do sound amazing might just make them go higher and higher

$10K for a c+ ? No way, just too much money. I mean, I would rather get a brand new Wizard MTL mk2 and still have like $2,500 approx left over.

I would totally get a mark iii to get as close as possible or jp2c, but everyone is different.

Supply=demand. If there’s NO supply, demand increases when one does come up. Guys asking 4K. Sold in minutes. 2 months go by, another for sale for 5K. Gone. Until these gear collectors/hoarders start flooding the resale sites with gear, everything stays expensive.
The other day a 1970 JMP 50 came up at a GC for 3600. Gone in ten minutes.

How bout the jubilee for$7000. The people paying this much obviously have more money than sense or they voted for joe or both :hys:

This shit be ruining my tim
$10K for a c+ ? No way, just too much money. I mean, I would rather get a brand new Wizard MTL mk2 and still have like $2,500 approx left over.

I would totally get a mark iii to get as close as possible or jp2c, but everyone is different.
thats what I did . But I still want a 2c+. And will find a civil seller . Lol that’s my term for non rip off gear sellers

Back