New Michael Romeo - Singer is SICK!

napalmdeath

Although the album is same old, same old, this singer is absolutely SICK! A little Jorn, a little Russell Allen, a little Dio, a little Soto, the dude's got some pipes! Dino Jelusick, from Croatia. Guy blows me away - love his aggressive style.

Fuck! That guy is great! Reminds me of Mats Leven that sang of Yngwie’s “Facing the Animal” - one of his best vocalists.

Fuck! That guy is great! Reminds me of Mats Leven that sang of Yngwie’s “Facing the Animal” - one of his best vocalists.

Totally forgot about that guy, you are right he was great. Yngwie used to know how to pick em ... before he decided on himself of course.. and toontrack EZ drummer.

I think Dino is an incredible singer and his influences pull from a bunch of other killer vocalists so it works for me. He sounds familiar no matter what he sings because of so many people he sounds like. The only thing annoying about him is his presence, it is a bit cringe worthy at times the way he puts it on. But he's fantastic no question.

I've admired Dino's abilities since day dot and never understood why so many like to bag him.

Great tones, pitching and gravitas. :rock:

Love Dino, and Michael Romeo.

I generally prefer the Geoff Tate/Michael Kiske/David DeFuis/Kotipelto type "clear" high pitched vocalists

But I can always get down with the vocal fry dio-style guys too.

Totally forgot about that guy, you are right he was great. Yngwie used to know how to pick em ... before he decided on himself of course.. and toontrack EZ drummer.

I think Dino is an incredible singer and his influences pull from a bunch of other killer vocalists so it works for me. He sounds familiar no matter what he sings because of so many people he sounds like. The only thing annoying about him is his presence, it is a bit cringe worthy at times the way he puts it on. But he's fantastic no question.
Totally agree. He’s a helluva vocalist but his facials are cringe as fuck and make me want to punch his face right off of his face.

Back