New neck p/u for my Suhr Modern?

geetarmikey

The JST SSV is nice, but it can sound a bit "single coil-y"; what p/u do you think would work well with the SSH+ in the bridge?

Going for a more liquid, creamy sound.

Thanks!

For me, the manlius custom hot neck with ceramic magnet matched up perfectly with the SSH+ and/or Aldrich. A close second was the manlius asphalt neck with alnico 5. I’ve tried too many neck pickups in my life and this is the first time I’m am 100% satisfied.

It's hard to tell from the pics but how much further back is the neck pickup since its a 24 fret guitar? IME, an ideal neck pickup for a 24 fret vs 22 fret guitar can often be different aminals.

I really like the DiMarzio Paf Pro Neck for liquid, creamy sounds. I have one in my Ibanez JS, it also has a baswood body / maple neck / rosewood fretboard

I always liked the way the Dimarzio Liquifire sounded under lots of gain much more modern and fluid sounding than the SSV

I had the Aldrich set in the Suhr modern I owned. Pretty high output pickups, but the neck pickup sounded really great, especially for cleans. Just a really percussive & musical pickup. Dare I say it, 'woody'.
I think I prefer single coils for over-driven sounds. The standard T neck in my Suhr Tele sounds more liquid than the Aldrich did I think.

mixn4him":3qc4984d said:
I always liked the way the Dimarzio Liquifire sounded under lots of gain much more modern and fluid sounding than the SSV

I had one in my LP which i sold and it was great, but didn't want to buy the same pickup twice so I've opted for the Air Norton which seems to have a bit more output, to match the SSH+ in the bridge, but a very similar EQ.

Back