New Release: EIGHTY FOUR - Vented G12T75 IR Pack

easstudios

https://mirrorprofiles.myshopify.co...oard&utm_medium=product-links&utm_content=web

Just released this new pack. Marshall 1960A cabinet with 1984 16 ohm vented T75 speakers. All 4 speakers captured across the horizontal width allowing you to position your microphones just as you would in the studio without compromise.

Vintage microphones, Neve 1073 preamp, mastering grade converters.

Compensated IR's for use with Suhr Reactive Load, React IR, Fryette Powerstation as well as regular high quality IR's.

I'll get some examples up soon, but so far in testing these have been sounding amazing.

Instant buy for me, and I picked up yet another pack or two of yours along with it. Hands down my favorite IR's out there man, and I've tried most of them.

I feel like I've been sleeping on the Beyerdynamic mics. I've thought about picking up an m160 ever since I read Dave Cobb actually used it to record Sturgill Simpson's vocals on Metamodern Sounds and it seems to offer that ribbon character without being as totally dark as something like the Royer 121, which you can hear in how it picks up a guitar cab. It still has some presence to it.

Instant buy for me, and I picked up yet another pack or two of yours along with it. Hands down my favorite IR's out there man, and I've tried most of them.

I feel like I've been sleeping on the Beyerdynamic mics. I've thought about picking up an m160 ever since I read Dave Cobb actually used it to record Sturgill Simpson's vocals on Metamodern Sounds and it seems to offer that ribbon character without being as totally dark as something like the Royer 121, which you can hear in how it picks up a guitar cab. It still has some presence to it.
Thanks so much man!

I have to agree, I think the m201 is such a great mic too. Albini says its what an sm57 would sound like if it was a microphone. I remember the first time I used one, it was in another studio and I was micing guitars and for whatever reason, their 57 sounded like the most hyped exaggeration of a 57 ever. The house engineer recommended their m201 as something where you want a 57 without it sounding like a 57.

I'd love a Royer at some point but I dont really like them on their own (unless you use lots of Neve EQ). Amazing blended but its a bit pricey for something thats tucked underneath another mic. The m160's work killer on their own, nice ribbony bottom end but still enough clarity on the top.

Thanks so much man!

I have to agree, I think the m201 is such a great mic too. Albini says its what an sm57 would sound like if it was a microphone. I remember the first time I used one, it was in another studio and I was micing guitars and for whatever reason, their 57 sounded like the most hyped exaggeration of a 57 ever. The house engineer recommended their m201 as something where you want a 57 without it sounding like a 57.

I'd love a Royer at some point but I dont really like them on their own (unless you use lots of Neve EQ). Amazing blended but its a bit pricey for something thats tucked underneath another mic. The m160's work killer on their own, nice ribbony bottom end but still enough clarity on the top.
The 121 does have this certain lower midrange character nothing else has. I'm going to keep a look out for a good deal on both of those Beyer mics. I have an SE V7X that is also kind of like a more "refined" 57 but it's got its own sound and I'd say its more "tailored". On a greenback it really gives a big but balanced sound that sits well in a mix, but as I said it has a certain baked in tone to it.

The 121 does have this certain lower midrange character nothing else has. I'm going to keep a look out for a good deal on both of those Beyer mics. I have an SE V7X that is also kind of like a more "refined" 57 but it's got its own sound and I'd say its more "tailored". On a greenback it really gives a big but balanced sound that sits well in a mix, but as I said it has a certain baked in tone to it.
Yeah I love the heft you can get from the Royer mic's, its kind of smooth yet weighty.

A really great engineer friend of mine recommended the SE X1R ribbon mics, you can find them used for about £100 over here and they're really solid all round mics. I had their R1 mics before which were cool but I think I actually prefer these X1R's for when I want a darker ribbon thing. Might actually be a cool one to try on this T75 cab as a blending option..... :unsure:

Off topic. Which load box do you prefer?
Tough to pick one, it’s like picking a favourite pedal/guitar/amp/cab. Having a couple with different responses is really handy, i’ll audition each quickly and pick whatever gives me the response I’m looking for.

The more hyped ones like the Suhr are a bit more fun to play IMO

Back