New Synergy Modules! We can finally talk about them! 2C+!!!

If I know one thing on this board, it is that next to George Lynch (old George, pre my band name is racist George) , psychodave has that golden ear so this should get VERY interesting indeed.

DA6EEBBD-C6FC-493D-A38B-6A05AADFB4CE.jpeg
Hmm, is “no-brainer” a clue?
Could it be….

Mesa Boogie themselves failed to appease hardcore C+ fans with a fully fledged Petrucci JP2C "reissue" signature amplifier. I think its a safe bet this will be even less accurate than that.

It could be it’s not that complicated for one knob but I feel there’s something special about the separate gain and lead drive combo that is hard to replicate for a Mark. I wonder if it’s why CH 3 on the MKV, while fun as it’s own thing is ultimately not nearly as good as the quad pre I have for that high gain tone.

I'm over the high gainers... what they need to get a move on, is a Supro. They were kicking the idea around for a while but the lower or vintage gain stuff is missing. Maybe a Trainwreck too.

I'm over the high gainers... what they need to get a move on, is a Supro. They were kicking the idea around for a while but the lower or vintage gain stuff is missing. Maybe a Trainwreck too.
I don't think a Trainwreck is realistic. The Synergy stuff excels at delivering tone that is primarily generated at the preamp stage and as I understand it what makes a Trainwreck magical doesn't come from the preamp section alone.

Back