New to Wizard, and I am hooked

Congrats! Unique amps for sure. I've had many amps and the Wizards just have an articulation, punch, and bite that many others don't. On Wizard number six, an MCII, and they always bring a smile when plugging in.

My offer was in Cdn, however I will sweeten the deal with a 1 litre bottle of Dark grade A Maple Syrup, and bourbon from a selection of 4 roses, Elijah Craig, or Makersmark.

MC25, MC50, MCII KT150 owner.

MTL MKII KT200 ordered couple weeks ago.

2 SLO 100's and Friedman SB 50. Along with the Wizards cover a swath of tones.

Matchless C30, Clubman, Independance 35, and Lightning cover another arc of tones.

Having a number of quality amps such as these is the bomb and highly recommended if you can afford it. Some of them don't get played for months at a time, and when I go to play one after several months of not, it's like getting a new amp.

Next project is profiling them with my Kemper.

Couple of years to go until retirement. Then the fun really begins. If I live until the day.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Wizards are hard to beat, have a W800, MTK Mk2 6L, KT200 Hybrid and a few more being built - Rick's a good dude and builds killer amps, obviously. congrats on your new Wizard
Is that your Tyler in your avatar?

I've got a couple of Tylerbastars and Studio Elite Retro. They were my favorites for a long time.

Wizards are hard to beat, have a W800, MTK Mk2 6L, KT200 Hybrid and a few more being built - Rick's a good dude and builds killer amps, obviously. congrats on your new Wizard
I and others would love to listen to the others you have being built. Wizard lust is a dirty shameful thing. But we all like it.

Longtime TGP'er, first time here. Jumped head first into the Wizard world last week. Sold some other gear to fund an MC25 and 2016 MTL. These amps are the real deal.

Shot a quick MC25 demo here:

Hah!!!!

Probably sold every damned one of them, and getting ready to buy them all back. Or, maybe something entirely different and sell all of that in a couple of weeks (losing big on every transaction probably too).

Not a true "TGP'r" unless you do that.

Last edited:
I've had my MTL Mk2 for about a week and i'm now getting ready to sell off everything including my wife

I know there is hype and fanboys with many brands/models and the Wizard stuff has it's fair share, and people claim unicorn status for many amps, but for me there is just something going on with the Wizards that I've not been able to get close to with any other amp. I've owned 50 something amps now and the closest I've got to similar feel/tone is some of the Fryette/VHT stuff and Splawn QRs, and maybe closest of all some of the old Mark II and Mark III series amps.

The Wizards, MCII in particular for me, just have this insanely open, dynamic, raw, pure tone and feel that is completely unforgiving and responsive to every little nuance of both hands. It's like it reads your emotions...playing like shit and only putting half in, that's what ya get out the other end. Playing well and feeling emotionally tied to what your putting in and the reward is unbelievable. People say that about Fryettes and it is absolutely true with them too, but Wizards takes that a few more notches. It also will let each component in the chain speak for itself...each guitar/pickup truly sounds unique.

The bloom/harmonic swirl is another thing the MCII has in spades. At the right settings and even at lower volumes, thanks to the loop send/return knobs, it sounds and feels like an engine that redlined and is about to come apart...in a very good musical way. This is the one thing above all that keeps me coming back to this amp time & time again...that and the /articulation/solid/pure/organic nature of the notes and gain structure.

Last edited:
Back