New w/d/w power amp - Avantone CLA-100

I have not talked with him in a few yrs but he use to run a repair place called Valley Sound in LA. He was the H&H Guru that fixed mine and said he worked on EVH's H&H's among other celebrity guitarist. This was his old phone# 818 755-2801 if you want to talk to him. Dave Friedman now has the one I use to own. I saw it in the Friedman Factory tour video last wk.
Thanks man !

So my Matrix GT1000FX died recently and I had to find a new power amp, preferably 1U. Matrix is no longer apparently, and of course a such, people are asking stupid prices for used ones.

Dave Friedman had tested the Avantone CLA-100 and said it sounded great for wdw. It’s designed for studio reference monitors and is 100w per side.

I grabbed one from Zzsounds for $499. Arrived in one day and I replaced the Matrix.

The one thing you’ll have to do is get banana plug to 1/4 female adapters for the outputs. And 1/4 TS to XLR for the inputs. But that’s no big deal.

Just got done playing it and it sounds fantastic. Great option for wdw at a really good price.

The other thing is that there are no fans in this unit. So it’s dead silent unlike the Matrix.

View attachment 228730
I’m looking for a Poweramp and heard Friedman talking about this one related to WDW setup.

What are your thoughts on it? The other one I’m considering is the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 100 stereo which comes out next month. I’m looking to power 2 X 212 cabs for my wet wet.

I’m looking for a Poweramp and heard Friedman talking about this one related to WDW setup.

What are your thoughts on it? The other one I’m considering is the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 100 stereo which comes out next month. I’m looking to power 2 X 212 cabs for my wet wet.
I love it. Zero noise which is great. Sounds just as good as the Matrix I was using. For the price it’s a win.

Thanks, my one concern is that its not stereo and I have a bunch of stereo pedals so not sure its going to work for me

Actually, on second thought it does say “stereo/bridged operations” so maybe it will work afterall.

Back