New Year build - Trainwreck Liverpool clone

ledvedder

I've already built a few Marshall-esque amps, as well as an AC30 type amp. So, I decided to try my skills with a Trainwreck. I was originally going to source all of the parts myself. But, after speaking with Michael at Modulus Amplification, he was offering a good price for everything, so I just went with his stuff. He only offers a Rocket currently, but he was cool enough to customize this one for me.

At first, I questioned the suggested OT placement. After speaking with Michael, he suggested I try the "headphone trick" to determine the best spot. Well, this is the placement that produces the least amount of hum. There are some folks over at Amp Garage still saying I should move it closer to the PT and away from v2/v3. For now, I'm just leaving the OT leads long enough to move it if needed after I complete the build. We shall see.

Here's what I've done so far. I'm really looking forward to this one! Especially after seeing Pete Thorn's video about it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cnNpHhxBptD2dANZ7

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo
I think I'm having an issue. I was trying to get a clean power rating using my scope with 150mv signal, but this is what I was getting with the volume at zero, then at 9:00.
20230118_144647.jpg
20230118_144658.jpg

Then I tried tracing the signal with the scope and noticed this noise. Does this indicate a bad cap or something?

Back