NGD: 1988 Jackson Firebird Made in the USA-Thrift Store Find

King Guitar

Banned
Hey Guys,

I just picked up a 1968 See through Blonde Fender Precision Bass and a 1988 Jackson Firebird from a DAV Thrift Shop in Virginia. Someone donated these to goodwill. :confused:

The Jackson is pretty damn rare being a Made in USA Firebird. From what I gather they really only made those for Robin Crosby of Ratt. I am sure they made a few more but not a guitar that you see a ton of. This guitar was white but has yellowed over the last 22 years to a cool cream/yellow patina ala Randy Rhodes Les Paul Custom.

This one is pretty unique being a string through the body and the original old Style Jackson Logo with the Made in USA under the "N" in the Jackson logo.

Anyway thought I would post up some pics. Just got it pro set up by my tech and it plays and sounds great!

Cool find at the thrift store. :thumbsup:

ps: The P-Bass rules as well!

DSC03070.jpg

DSC03071.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03074.jpg

DSC03075.jpg

Gitfiddler":35yv3dno said:
did someone tip you off or were you shopping for bellbottoms and ran across them? :rock:

I got tipped. The thrift store is in Virginia and I am in Rhode Island. Did the deal over the phone. :thumbsup:

yngzaklynch":13wfcavc said:
Brad how does it balance with a strap? Does the neck nose dive like the Gibson Thunderbird basses? Is it heavy?

Balances well, the reverse headstock helps, not neck heavy like a Gibson Firebird.

rareguitar":1zysoylf said:
yngzaklynch":1zysoylf said:
Brad how does it balance with a strap? Does the neck nose dive like the Gibson Thunderbird basses? Is it heavy?

Balances well, the reverse headstock helps, not neck heavy like a Gibson Firebird.
Nice...........where is your JEALOUSY smiley???? :D

Back