NGD '86 King V

No clue, I could guess but that's all it would be. I need build data and would have to try to track it down. I still might do that. My guess is neck through eastern hard rock maple with poplar or alder sides, no scarf joint? Another guess is it was and more likely a custom shop and that wouldn't suck, it effin kills😎
Any Charvel/Jackson from the glory years in the late 70s-80s are all custom shop guitars. Each built to order by spec sheet. Until 1990; although some on the JCF forum suggest that later 80s they were starting to produce them without spec sheets. But this is 88 and later.
If it were produced for an artist; that's a whole other level.

looks killer. I believe that was on reverb for a little while? IF it's the same one. I thought about getting it too but decided to pass. Congratulations on it!

That's not funny, gorillas on meth could hurt themselves playing pointy guitars hahaha...

On the serious, I have a friend that knows Mike Shannon from the factory. Talked to him yesterday about the build sheet for this animal and he was told(mike shannon) that he can't even see them. Those are in a file cabinet upstairs and my friend offered to buy them at one point but they aren't for sale at the moment. Maybe that gorilla can help😎

Last edited:
That's not funny, gorillas on meth could hurt themselves playing pointy guitars hahaha...

On the serious, I have a friend that knows Mike Shannon from the factory. Talked to him yesterday about the build sheet for this animal and he was told(mike shannon) that he can't even see them. Those are in a file cabinet upstairs and my friend offered to buy them at one point but they aren't for sale at the moment. Maybe that gorilla can help😎
I didn't know Jackson could sell build sheets. What would be the purpose of buying one? To have them rebuild? or is it for someone who wants to do it themselves?

You can't buy them, these are their records but from what I know there isn't a lot of documentation in the lower serial range.

Back