NGD ............ again LOL!

kmanick

this just arrived this morning, guitar is in excellent shape , I've got a BK nailbomb and some Duncan singles to drop in
the necks on these XL's are definitely a bit thinner than the other "pro" or USA soloists I've played over the years.
need to oil the fretboard and polish the frets later today
hopefully slotting into the gigging rotation.
These early 90's Soloists are great bang for the buck.
Xl-1.jpg

Last edited:
and this one has turned into a mini project, the 580LP is a horrific trem , so I ordered a Schaller which would equate to the 590's Jackson used from 90-92, a brass block for it, and just dropped it off at the Axe palace for the pickup swap and a push/pull pot to split the Nailbomb.
Plays great, nice big frets, straight neck etc, but that 580LP would just not return to pitch consistently and was really stiff.
In all my years this is the first trem I've come across that didn't work perfectly

this just arrived this morning, guitar is in excellent shape , I've got a BK nailbomb and some Duncan singles to drop in
the necks on these XL's are definitely a bit thinner than the other "pro" or USA soloists I've played over the years.
need to oil the fretboard and polish the frets later today
hopefully slotting into the gigging rotation.
These early 90's Soloists are great bang for the buck.
View attachment 178726
A thing of wonder! Rock on, brother!

So I just picked this up at the Axe Palace, Victor swapped out the pickups to a BK Alnico Nailbomb, Duncan classic Stack+ and a Dimarzio heavy Blues II in the neck. He also pulled off that god awful 580LP trem and swapped in an Original Schaller that I bought and put a nice big 37mm Brass block.
Also pulled the tuners and dropped in a set of gotoh Magnum locking tuners. What a versatile Shred machine. I've got USA select soloists, and I've had a couple of these MIJ Pros, this is my 2nd XL and I had a very early "Pro" that I wish I had kept, but water under the bridge. I've got to say IMO (playing Jacksons for almost 40 years now) these old Pros , if you can find one in good condition are a much better bang for the buck than the American Soloists they are putting out now. This one was pretty much mint and even with all of the upgrades I just did I'm still into this for 1/2 of what the new ones are selling for, and this thing is solid, nice straight neck, big frets and sounds killer. Just my opinion of course but if you are looking at one of those I'd seriously consider looking at one of these
IMG_4747 (1).jpg
IMG_4749.jpg
IMG_4751.jpg
IMG_4753.jpg

Back