NGD BC Rich Gunslinger

RJF

I picked up this BC Rich Gunslinger NJ Series about a week ago. Thing is super clean for a 30 year old guitar. Took it apart and cleaned it all up and everything looks like it's in really good shape. I believe this one is too late to be Japanese built as it has a B serial number and is likely built by Cort. But, it still is a cool guitar that plays pretty dang good, floyd stays in tune, and I'm not sure what humbucker is in the bridge but it is really hot. I think it's a Rockfield, surprisingly. There is no markings on the humbucker anywhere. All in all not bad for $150.

Cleaning:
20170226_102117_zpsbube8zr3.jpg

And here we observe it in it's natural habitat
20170226_113811_zpsp6fb6nuc.jpg

Plays well with others
20170226_113708_zpst8roc35x.jpg

Sweet score!

Those Jacksons though. That one with the graphic is sick! Anymore pics of that one?

Dude, where's the album cover of Primal Fear's 1st (and IMO best)?! ;)

The guitar tone in Chainbreaker is almost 100% my benchmark... Tom Naumann on a Les Paul into a Savage 120 if I'm not mistaken...

Here with crappy YT compression artifacts:

combine that guitar tone with this:

and you have some tight f#*kin' metal magic goin' on. No mud, no fuzz, no need for 7 string guitars... :rock:

Chris O":39bq4594 said:
Nice score! Actually, it's an ST-III.

I was going to say the same thing- Gunslingers have one humbucker. Slanted. Still a good score.

I have two Gunslingers and they are my favorite necks ever. The original ones. The reissues were nothing like the originals.

Speeddemon said:

The guitar tone in Chainbreaker is almost 100% my benchmark... Tom Naumann on a Les Paul into a Savage 120 if I'm not mistaken...

Thank you you your post about Primal Fear! I've been living under a rock and never heard of them. Now I cant stop listening to them!

tlingen":1ycsoea2 said:
Speeddemon":1ycsoea2 said:

Thank you you your post about Primal Fear! I've been living under a rock and never heard of them. Now I cant stop listening to them!
If you like Primal Fear than you will likely gel with Dream Evil. I actually prefer Dream Evil over PF.

Chris O":63a9eah6 said:
Nice score! Actually, it's an ST-III.
100% correct. I actually discovered that when looking up serial number info when I got it. Guess it slipped my dumb brain. :confused:

Back