NGD Dean RC7X, Floyd tuning problem

lettmusic

My Dean RC7X just came yesterday. The damn Floyd simply just will not stay in tune. Locking nut doesn't seem kto help keeping them in tune , especially with the treble strings G,B and high E.
Any suggestion please before I take it to my tech.

Take the clamps off the lock nut, stretch the strings out and keep re-tuning to pitch, make sure the nut mounting screws are tight, and that the neck mounting screws are tight. Make sure all the Floyd screws are tight (saddle intonation and the string lock screws the fine tuners act on). When you have all that done, put the fine tuners in the middle of their travel, re-tune to pitch with the tuning machines, lock down the clamps, and then fine tune. ALWAYS come UP to pitch on the tuners...if the note is sharp, go below it with the pegs, come back up, give the string a tug, come up again, until you're in the sweet spot. Then lock down the lock nut and fine tune.

paulyc":1k13e10v said:
Take the clamps off the lock nut, stretch the strings out and keep re-tuning to pitch, make sure the nut mounting screws are tight, and that the neck mounting screws are tight. Make sure all the Floyd screws are tight (saddle intonation and the string lock screws the fine tuners act on). When you have all that done, put the fine tuners in the middle of their travel, re-tune to pitch with the tuning machines, lock down the clamps, and then fine tune. ALWAYS come UP to pitch on the tuners...if the note is sharp, go below it with the pegs, come back up, give the string a tug, come up again, until you're in the sweet spot. Then lock down the lock nut and fine tune.
thanks for the process. As far as tightness of the various parts, they're all seem to be tighten kdown as they should be. :confused:

paulyc":3r82t1a2 said:
Did you stretch the strings out good ? Each one, one at a time ?
yes sir, repeated the process several times. But still :confused:
Been awhile since i own a Floyd-guitars, now I know why, they're a fuckin' pain in the ass.

I never have tuning problems with any of mine...once the strings are stretched out and it's locked down it's all good in the hood.

just had my tech checked it out. As it turns out, the bridge and the post holding it in is the problem, it will not return the bridge to its original position. Either the bridge was not installed properly or one of the parts is not where it should be. Looks like this will have to go back :gethim:

paulyc":2xlnddma said:
Did you ever get this sorted out ?
Yes, it had to go back to ZZzounds, the thing was beyond repair unless you replace the Floyd. They sent me a new one and it worked out in the end, BUT not without major issues dealing with these guys. Bottom line: I will NEVER EVER deal with ZZounds again.

Back