NGD: EVH Wolfgang Standard

SFW

So I ended up with an EVH Wolfgang Standard in a trade. I e had it for a few days, and thought I would share my thoughts.

The guitar build quality is actually pretty good for an Indonesian guitar. The fit and finish are very nice. I love the neck on this guitar. The flat top makes it feel very similar to the EVMM EVH that I owned several years ago. The Floyd Special sucked… so it got swapped out for an OFR that I had laying around. Major improvement. The stock pickups, while not horrible…were swapped out for a USA set of Wolfgang pickups. Another tonal improvement. For less than the cost of the Wolfgang Special even with the upgrades, I’m pretty stoked about this thing. Sounds killer in a band mix.

765F063C-4DF8-4332-BABE-5D9F05440394.jpeg

Nice score! Congrats on a sweet new axe. Always makes for a good day.

That neck almost has a purple cast to it. I like it.

Can't believe they would put crappy Floyd Specials on these . A GOTOH would be around the same price and vastly superior. Man, those look like some heavy gauge strings .

Can't believe they would put crappy Floyd Specials on these . A GOTOH would be around the same price and vastly superior. Man, those look like some heavy gauge strings .
Yes, the Gotoh would be significantly better. The string guage is 10-46. in E flat.

Reactions: ccn
Checked out your link to honeytcuttsouthern and you guys rock . I love the first track the most .:thumbsup:

Back