NGD... I feel like I practically stole it...

errrrrl

Saw a 1979 Gibson RD Artist advertised for $679 with the original moog pickups n stuff from a local guitar shop on craigslist. I first thought it was a typo or a fake scam ad. Looked up the shop and saw it was going to open in an hour. Check the ad and it was posted around 10 hours ago, so sometime after hours last night. I knew if it was real I had to fkn haul ass and get down there right away. I flew down there and waited for them to open and jumped on it. Fkn thing feels great, the neck feels almost new like. The moog pickups suck for gain but amazing for clean. There were guys walking in the store sighing as they seen me at the register hahaha suckers! :LOL: I'm pretty stoked!

getpubthumb

getpubthumb

getpubthumb

getpubthumb

getpubthumb

Killer! You definitely stole that one. I wonder why a shop listed it o cheap?
Dude I have no idea. I even asked what was wrong with it they said the pickups are little weird and the case was in bad shape. But finding those Moog pickups still working is part of its value so not sure what they were thinking. The place sells mostly highend acoustics and mid level electrics like Squire and Epiphone. It would have sold easy for even 1k. If you google 1979 Gibson RD Artist they popup for 3k+

Dude I have no idea. I even asked what was wrong with it they said the pickups are little weird and the case was in bad shape. But finding those Moog pickups still working is part of its value so not sure what they were thinking. The place sells mostly highend acoustics and mid level electrics like Squire and Epiphone. It would have sold easy for even 1k. If you google 1979 Gibson RD Artist they popup for 3k+
No way you lose on that deal. If you love it you got a steal. If you don't love it you have profit or great trading material.
Trade you a pre B.A.D. SLO or a Wizard for it.
JK lol.
Congrats!

That is sweet !
I'm partial to those guitars.
My dad had a 1978 RD Artist that was sunburst.
My brother has the guitar now.
I think my dad paid a couple hundred for it around 1980.
Nice score !

Back