NGD: Ibanez RG7620

badger71

My first foray into the seven string realm. The guy I bought it from had some home brew tuning with regular .10s and an added high .10 on the E. Needless to say, I'll be spending the better part of the day doing a setup. Now do I tune the lowest string to B or A? Hmmmm.....
ibanez011.jpg

Awesome. Congrats. I have a 7620 (and two 1527s) and I should be receiving a custom mahogany body for my 7620 any day now. I love my IBZ 7s and I don't think I'll ever go back to 6strings. :thumbsup:

I go back and forth on the standard vs. drop A. Before I do the final setup, I'll probably go back and forth a few times to see what I like best.

Pete, are you going after a home grown 7620 MBOL?

badger71":169mwdq1 said:
I go back and forth on the standard vs. drop A. Before I do the final setup, I'll probably go back and forth a few times to see what I like best.

Pete, are you going after a home grown 7620 MBOL?
I'm not sure what that is? :LOL: :LOL: Is that just an oiled mahogany body? :LOL: :LOL:

I ordered a body from Adam Bath (Elysian Custom Guitars) who posts on sevenstring.org I was originally going to go with a vintage violin finish, but the wood looked so good he just sealed and sprayed clear on it. He should be finishing the buffing this week. :thumbsup:

Rich from Ibanez Rulez stated that the M in RG1527M GW is maple and the body is basswood so just picture it with a maple neck and white.

Best I got so far :scared:

Digital Jams":1x26cxp9 said:
Rich from Ibanez Rulez stated that the M in RG1527M GW is maple and the body is basswood so just picture it with a maple neck and white.

So basically....DO WANT! :rawk: Hopefully it won't cost much more than a normal 1527.

Code001":3lcwaxqu said:
Digital Jams":3lcwaxqu said:

So basically....DO WANT! :rawk: Hopefully it won't cost much more than a normal 1527.

EDIT...

Retail is $1599 so it took a $244 dollar hit :doh:

If this seven string fever I got sticks around, I may have to grab one of those maple boarded Ibby 7s. FWIW, I really dug the Schecter Loomis HT, but those damn inlays. :doh:

Back