NGD!! Kotzen Tele It's been a long time since I've had one!

gbsmusic

These guitars are one of my all-time favorites. I love the look of them, I love the way they play, and the craftsmanship is incredible. The neck is absolutely perfect beefy but not too big. I'd put the Japanese guitars up against the USA models any day the fret work is just perfect. There was a guy here in Montana that's had this for sale for about 5 months he bought it a year ago and at the time we ended up getting about 3 ft of snow so he couldn't make it back to Guitar Center to return it so he kept it but the neck was just too big for him and he just did not play it at all, so I watched it go down in price every month and once I was able to I snagged it. Music sales in the area of Montana I live in are just pathetic, rarely do you see nice gear for sale and when you do they're asking more than what you can buy at new for LOL. I couldn't capture the flame top as good as it looks in person but you get the idea. I've waited quite a while for an NGD!

Attachments

• 20230106_112115.jpg
    20230106_112115.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
These guitars are one of my all-time favorites. I love the look of them, I love the way they play, and the craftsmanship is incredible. The neck is absolutely perfect beefy but not too big. I'd put the Japanese guitars up against the USA models any day the fret work is just perfect. There was a guy here in Montana that's had this for sale for about 5 months he bought it a year ago and at the time we ended up getting about 3 ft of snow so he couldn't make it back to Guitar Center to return it so he kept it but the neck was just too big for him and he just did not play it at all, so I watched it go down in price every month and once I was able to I snagged it. Music sales in the area of Montana I live in are just pathetic, rarely do you see nice gear for sale and when you do they're asking more than what you can buy at new for LOL. I couldn't capture the flame top as good as it looks in person but you get the idea. I've waited quite a while for an NGD!
Nice, I will own one of those some day.

Congrats! Great guitar.

Always wanted one of these (and an RK strat) to go with my Starfields

Just can't bring myself to drop the cash anymore

Jelly!
same problem I have...

Speaking of Kotzen and Strats, he has been playing the strat again in the last 2 Winery Dogs Videos

Last time I saw them live (shortly before the whole pandemic thing started) he used the strat for pretty much the entire show as well

About 12 years ago I had the chance to buy a Kotzen Strat for 1200 bucks with case in mint condition I wish I would have bought it!

I've always kinda hoped I could snag a good deal on one of those someday, even though I've already got too many teles to really justify it.

We're considering relocating to MT in a few years, I guess I need to hoard all the gear I want before then.

I've always kinda hoped I could snag a good deal on one of those someday, even though I've already got too many teles to really justify it.

We're considering relocating to MT in a few years, I guess I need to hoard all the gear I want before then.
You don't need to hoard any gear just realize when you get here it's not going to sell if you want to get rid of something LOL you'll have to sell it online and get raped by UPS on shipping😭😡

You don't need to hoard any gear just realize when you get here it's not going to sell if you want to get rid of something LOL you'll have to sell it online and get raped by UPS on shipping😭😡
It's pretty much the same way here in SC.
I've found my share of great deals from guys who didn't wanna ship gear, and got tired of letting it sit on CL for 6 months. But I've also had a handful of nice guitars listed for a solid value, and can't even get a lowball offer on them.

Congrats. Those are cool guitars. I had the sea foam one. Shouldn’t have sold it but I did b/c of that Louisville Slugger neck. I’d probably get along better with it now. My mistake. Don’t be like me.

Dude, that’s sick-ass Tele!
I’m huge Tele guy, all of them.
It takes a certain type of player to get
that chicken-pickin’ hustle goin’on,
-like the Andy Wood guy can do, THAT!..,
plus those crazy inversions/extensions.
Telecaster’s were great for tuning when there
were no automatic tuners etc, due to the bright
top end to align with the other instruments in the room.
That guy’s a monster of player!!
I’m also a HUGE Albert Collins fan.
-Get up under that note like him man!!!!

Hold up man, wasn’t it just X-Mas?
I get it, I just bought two amps and and a matching
MONSTER of a 4X12 coming from across the pond.
Congrats!

Beefy neck, but comfortable. Nice guitar man. Interestingly the Kotzen Strat neck, while still beefy, is not quite as fat as his Tele.

Back