NGD Lakeland guitar

stratjacket

Picked this up in a local trade last week. Totally unexpected quality. This is a really well built guitar. Plays and feels great. I don't think I had ever heard of Lakeland Guitars, but looks like their USA models are made in Chicago. Very nice guitars.

Roasted Birdseye maple neck
Pau Ferro fretboard
SS frets
DiMarzio Fortitude/ Satch Track/ PAF 36th
Ash body
Burl top
Gotoh 510 tremolo (dive only)
Gotoh Magnum Lock tuners

1.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

Damn, looks sweet. I used to own a Lakland J bass and it is my favorite bass I have ever owned. Top notch quality. Guitar looks to be just the same, congrats.

Looks good. How does it sound and feel?
It's light, surprisingly light. Not sure how many pounds, but has to be less than 7lbs. Feels really good, was able to set the action really low and it plays effortlessly, doesn't fight me at all. Not crazy about the pickups, will probably repurpose the Satch single coil, I was wanting one of them for my Strat anyway. I'll end up swapping out the pickups, they're not bad, but not as powerful as I normally like.

They're well known for basses since Geezer Butler and Daryl Jones use them. I was not aware they make guitars too. If their basses are any indication, this is probably an expensive guitar. What did you trade it for?

If it's anywhere near the build quality of their basses, it's a nice guitar to say the least.

Guitar looks great! Love the Burl top, Pao Ferro fretboard, Ash body, roasted birdseye maple neck and Made In the USA... what's not to like. :thumbsup:

Out of curiousity what did it cost?

Yeah they were pretty well known for their Bass guitars.

They're well known for basses since Geezer Butler and Daryl Jones use them. I was not aware they make guitars too. If their basses are any indication, this is probably an expensive guitar. What did you trade it for?
Guitar looks great! Love the Burl top, Pao Ferro fretboard, Ash body, roasted birdseye maple neck and Made In the USA... what's not to like. :thumbsup:

Out of curiousity what did it cost?

Yeah they were pretty well known for their Bass guitars.

I traded a Fryette Sig-X amp for it. The amp was a little beat up, no footswitch or back panel, but sounded good.

Back