NGD: Locke Custom Guitars build

Fiesta Red

This arrived today and I love how it turned out. I was going for an EVH VH1 inspired version of my own guitar. The Northern Ash body makes the guitar heavy, but not uncomfortable. The body is called "The Frank" on their website, and the neck is "The 78" with some modifications -- 12 inch radius, smaller headstock, and a 1.687 nut width. The pickup is a Pariah Destructions 70s, and the trem is a Wilkinson Vintage with the new locking saddles. Painting was done by Jose Rojas who does paint for the Schecter Custom Shop and runs his own business on the side. Matt from OC Custom Guitars treated the neck and did the final assembly. It needs a setup. Have to wait until later tonight to plug it in. I'll pull out the scale and heck the weight too.

HEJPgYn.jpg

nELxvsM.jpg

cwlTRKB.jpg

zXlYgNQ.jpg

I1LvITj.jpg

XfXtaHM.jpg

R3azac7.jpg

Svxxuvo.jpg

That sir is a very classy Franky by any standard!:2thumbsup:

Very Nice... Congrats on the NGD! How do you like the pickup? From the specs I imagine it to be better than a new production Dimarzio SD. It should sound pretty killer.

That sir is a very classy Franky by any standard!:2thumbsup:

Very Nice... Congrats on the NGD! How do you like the pickup? From the specs I imagine it to be better than a new production Dimarzio SD. It should sound pretty killer.

Played it a bit last night. Love it! Sounds better than any current production SD I've had. It hits 'the' frequencies in all the correct places for tone. I played it just to see how similar it would be to that specific tone. Can't wait until this weekend to try it out in different setting. I have their Pasadena White pickup too, which is an Alnico II hot PAF type that would probably sound monstrous in it as well.

Played it a bit last night. Love it! Sounds better than any current production SD I've had. It hits 'the' frequencies in all the correct places for tone. I played it just to see how similar it would be to that specific tone. Can't wait until this weekend to try it out in different setting. I have their Pasadena White pickup too, which is an Alnico II hot PAF type that would probably sound monstrous in it as well.
Excellent! I love my Mighty Mite 1400, I have a 1300 here as well I have not installed it. I keep hearing the new Dimarzio SD are different than the vintage ones. It's cool that people are building variants of the MM and SD, I think Jalen does one called the BEE pickup as well.

The Pariah Destructions 70s pickup and the Wilkinson Vintage trem with locking saddles sound like they'll deliver some fantastic tones and playability. And big kudos to Jose Rojas for the awesome paintwork and Matt from OC Custom Guitars for the neck treatment and assembly.
Can't wait to hear how it sounds once you get it set up and plug it in tonight.

Good lookin' one pickup guitar and it does have a slight EVH feel to it. Tell me about that 78 neck. I have been looking around for one and thought Locke might be a good way to go.

Back