NGD ... Suhr S3 ... mmmm ... nice !!

BGG

Sold my Kotzen tele and couldn't resist this one ....

Suhr Pro Series S3 in bengal burst ;D

Lovely flame maple top on a basswood body.
It has one of the most comfortable necks I've ever played, it's effortless. Lovely piece of Indian Rosewood on maple neck, real comfy profile and the jumbo/heavy frets feel great.

Love the way the volume control is out of the way a bit, one of my pet hates gigging strats is that I'm always knocking it down :-/ one tone control too which is better for me and a nice stiff five way switch, again something i always knock out of position.
Wilkinson 1055 tremelo and Sperzel locking tuners which I love (have them on my Hendrix/Zappa).
Suhr pups, V60 single coils and a SSH+ humbucker in the bridge.

Sounds gorgeous, plays beautifully ;)

suhr.jpg

SUHR3.jpg

SUHR4.jpg

Ain't had it cranked through the Cornford yet but i love the single coil sound of the SD Antiquities in my Hendrix/Zappa strat, lovely and warm and woody sounding ;)

Beautiful top, great guitar! :thumbsup:
And I know very good how You feel.
I have got my S3 in Bengal Burst a couple of month ago :yes:

BGG":3i5g7kbb said:
Ain't had it cranked through the Cornford yet but i love the single coil sound of the SD Antiquities in my Hendrix/Zappa strat, lovely and warm and woody sounding ;)

Awesome looking guitar. Very curious to see how you like all the pickups as you get to play it more. Particularly how the V60's play with the bridge pickup....

For a split second I thought the title said "Suhr 53" and expected one of those crazy collector posts. ;)

Nice guitar! How does it play? Fenderish, Jacksonish?

Back