NGD - Tyler Classic Japan

mooncobra

Wow, got a Tyler Classic, Japan build. It’s epic. Plays, sounds, and feels exactly like a Tyler. This thing plays as good, if not better than any super Strat I have had. I recently got a Suhr Reb Beach that is also epic. I’ve been lucky on my last few guitars.

anyhow, you can’t tell the difference between a USA Tyler and Japan built Tyler James Tyler took the time to train all the luthiers that came over here to learn the Tyler way.

great way to get a Tyler for a lot less cash as USA Tyler’s price has gone through the roof recently based on retirement rumors.

The jts5500 single are some of, if not the best single coils I have played, and the Secret Humbucker is a very open uncompressed pickup that has nice sizzle via high gain and is tight and articulate.

this one came with the rare Tyler thin 59 neck and it is so comfortable. The neck is slick and icy and plays fast.

anyone considering ones you won’t regret it. I have had a USA Tyler and Japan at the same time and they are basically identical in every way.

Attachments

• C3AC5040-927B-424C-879F-A8697FD3287E.jpeg
    C3AC5040-927B-424C-879F-A8697FD3287E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 144
Congrats! I’ve had a couple of Tyler’s and they are awesome! I also love the thin 59. Mine was an Alien Guano that was a fat sounding guitar. Good score!

Congrats!

I almost grabbed that myself, but was concerned about the neck size.

Glad you’re digging it!!

Congrats!

I almost grabbed that myself, but was concerned about the neck size.

Glad you’re digging it!!
You would like it for sure. What part were you concerned about , the neck being too big or too small? It plays amazingly nice. The neck feels really good.

it’s really fun to play. I HATE black guitars but will endure the color because it plays and sounds so good.

have you ever tried the secret humbucker?

Ohhh...the Landau. Always wanted one.
What was the price difference?

Congrats for sure. I have a burning water 2k with the standard '59 neck cut. Love it, someone said that neck is like crack for your hands. haha

You would like it for sure. What part were you concerned about , the neck being too big or too small? It plays amazingly nice. The neck feels really good.

it’s really fun to play. I HATE black guitars but will endure the color because it plays and sounds so good.

have you ever tried the secret humbucker?
Too small.
Yes, I’ve tried the Secret. Cool pickup, for sure. ;)

Too small.
Yes, I’ve tried the Secret. Cool pickup, for sure. ;)

It’s still bigger than the normal neck on an Anderson or Suhr modern. It’s bigger than my Suhr Reb beach neck by a little bit, but just as comfortable.

It’s still bigger than the normal neck on an Anderson or Suhr modern. It’s bigger than my Suhr Reb beach neck by a little bit, but just as comfortable.
Very nice! I have a standard 59 right now that I really love, so of course, I’d like a backup. 😂

Very nice! I have a standard 59 right now that I really love, so of course, I’d like a backup. 😂
You can find Tyler Japans for great deals a lot of the time. Seriously, they are the same as US, you can’t tell. Just as awesome in every way. Great way to get a Tyler for less cash.

Back