NGD: x2 Yngwie Strats Seafoam Green & Vintage White

Brandon Breeze

First, for the Green, I've gotta say that I've been wanting one of these for years! This color doesnt come up often. This is an 1989-1990 MIJ Yngwie Malmsteen Fender Stratocaster. I plan on putting the Fury set of YJM pickups in it for sure. The pickups that are in it sound good, just not enough output for my taste.

These differ from the US Made Yngwie models in several ways.
2 string trees instead of 1
Not as deep of a scallop on the frets
Gotoh tuners instead of Fender
Plastic nut instead of brass
3 bolt neck instead of 4
Non synchronized tremolo
Medium frets instead of jumbo

So in reality its not really quite like any of yngwies real guitars, just an attempt to make one in his vision. Its still a fantastic looking, and playing guitar, better than a lot of the US strats Ive played at the guitar stores these days.

And Vinatage White. Just came in today, 2015 model. The quality, fit & finish on this guitar is nothing short of amazing. The YJM pickups sound awesome and have some chunk. I only got to play for a few minutes before having to return to work.

I have another Yngwie guitar on the way as well :)

SDMF38":2zf5k8ik said:
That's badass. Love the color

Thank you, I agree! I've kept my eyes open for this color in the Yngwie model since the last one I stupidly passed up more than 10 years ago, they don't pop up often. This one definitely needed some TLC when I got it. I spent several hours cleaning it up from all the years of grime. I have nearly 30 guitars and ever pay single one of the pm is extremely clean, not sure how people neglect their guitars so much.

those are great, I prefer the shallow scallop compared to the deep scallop with jumbo frets on US models.

mooncobra":3sc87xne said:
those are great, I prefer the shallow scallop compared to the deep scallop with jumbo frets on US models.

I have a 2015 US Model on the way, so I'll be able to compare directly. The shallow scallops for me mean that I still wind up with too much fretboard touching my fingers.

Man, that guitar is awesome! Congrats! I don't think the fury pickups will be that much more output. I liked his sound better when he was using HS-3s....you have to use that guitar with a boost/od.....Yngwie doesn't play without one, that's how he gets that tone.....low output pups with a boost pedal. Keeps the articulation that way and you can set it as hot as you like!

crankyrayhanky":30izfz5b said:
Not feeling score!
The brass nut is very different, a unique timber
I guess you'll hear that on the next shipment

I have a few other guitars with brass nuts already, and counterparts without brass nuts, more chimey, if thats even a word lol

I owned a few Yngwie Strats. Great guitars. I miss the Candy Red color they used to offer.
I was able to make the HS-3's work, but the output is LESS than a typican single coil. The last one had Furys and I had a Fury set in a MIM Blackmore as well, and they ripped. Way more balanced and decent output.

bog70":3auv8btj said:
I owned a few Yngwie Strats. Great guitars. I miss the Candy Red color they used to offer.
I was able to make the HS-3's work, but the output is LESS than a typican single coil. The last one had Furys and I had a Fury set in a MIM Blackmore as well, and they ripped. Way more balanced and decent output.

Good to know! Im picking up a fury loaded pickguard pretty soon, cant wait to check them out. I cant stabd the single coil buzz Im getting with these pickups.

cecilbag":275amipd said:
That's killer. I've never seen a green one. Congrats man

Definitely, thank you, this is only the second one I've ever seen, that's why I knew I couldn't pass it up. The first one had a rosewood board, which I don't like as much.

mlamuth":275amipd said:
Nice score. Curious how many of these were made in Seafoam Green?

I haven't seen any production numbers for these, would be awesome to know! As mentioned above this is only the 2nd one I've ever seen, and I've been keeping my eyes wide open for one ever since.

cecilbag":1p87s4wv said:
Congrats man. I have been wanting a yjm strat for years

Me too! Earlier this year I decided to stop messing around and just buy the guitars aive been wanting.

JackBootedThug":1p87s4wv said:
i'm so jealous right now you lucky dog...

Definitely awesome to have these and get to jam on them.

Back