NLAHSD, 74 super lead Titan Amps tijuana-modded

O'Rourke

Just got the amp back from Zach at Titan Amps who installed a loop which works GREAT. I can't tell a difference between it being engaged and bypassed with two Hardwire pedals in the loop which is exactly what I was looking for, very transparent. :rock:

Also got a new headshell from Sourmash Cabs. That didn't go so well. The piping was this brownish color instead of gold. It's the same stuff Mojotone sells as gold but trust me, it ain't gold. :no: Got some new piping and redid that and installed the logo while I was waiting on the amp to get back. old piping above, new below. Hard to see the difference because my camera sucks but the new stuff is a lot more, well... gold. :thumbsup:
100_0992.jpg

The headshell's mounting holes are not drilled so I marked and drilled those today when i got the amp back. Everything went fine untill I went to put the back panel on-
fail.jpg

The bottom cutout was 3/4" too small all the way around. :thumbsdown: I had to pull up the tolex, trim the panel, re-glue the tolex and then reinstall. :doh: Also had to take a 1/4" off the lower legs to clear the chassis mounting flange. This is their full size 100 watt headshell for plexi-style amps, not sure why I had those kind of fitment issues. :confused: Their tolex work was great though. It's very hard to see the seams at the corners so they've got that going for them, which is nice.

Finished product-

100_0994.jpg

100_0993.jpg

100_0991.jpg

Clips are in the clips section here.

that thing sounds SWEET!!!

maybe thats what I need to do, get a Marshall and have Zach mod it, still have yet to find a Marshall I can gel with, besides the Cameron (which I can't afford).

Back