No wimps allowed, SEPULTURA Territory, 94’

Saw them on that tour, end of 93, in Paris. It was awesome. They even played on national TV that year, just before the evening news. Total chaos in the TV studio. It was grand ! :rock:

Just love how unique they were. Even when they were more traditional thrash they had a sound that was just them. They really created their own Sepultura genre.

Chaos A.D. is so killer. One of my all time favorite albums. I remember lots of drummers trying to get that Territory intro down back in the day too.

I got into Chaos AD kinda late. At the time it came out I was dirt poor, working for a shitty company that worked me 12 to 16 hour days to the bone and payed me in beans. I was playing drums in heavy groove hard core kind of band and a drummer from another band complemented me on my playing and said I reminded him a lot of Igor. I didn't know what he was talking about and he was kinda shocked. He came back from his car and said take this bro, it was Chaos AD on cassette. I put that tape into my stanky POS shit mini van and it was never ejected for at least over a year and half til that shitty van died and I donated it to make a wish. True story.

I got into Chaos AD kinda late. At the time it came out I was dirt poor, working for a shitty company that worked me 12 to 16 hour days to the bone and payed me in beans. I was playing drums in heavy groove hard core kind of band and a drummer from another band complemented me on my playing and said I reminded him a lot of Igor. I didn't know what he was talking about and he was kinda shocked. He came back from his car and said take this bro, it was Chaos AD on cassette. I put that tape into my stanky POS shit mini van and it was never ejected for at least over a year and half til that shitty van died and I donated it to make a wish. True story.
Fucking errrrl's origin story.

i could argue sepultura is behind only sabbath, metallica, pantera and slayer when it comes most influential metal bands. theres not many bands that can claim to being influences in thrash, death and NU metal and even hardcore like they have. metal royalty

Fucking errrrrrrrrrrrl…🥲❤️

Back