NPD - Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master

NS10Fan

I'm not a delay or reverb guy by any means. The new group I'm in however is having me to do a bit of pedal/lap steel mimicking. Got 90% of the way there with a volume pedal, but this thing is taking it over the cliff. Stoked to be able to use the adjective "haunting" again. :LOL: :LOL:

I think my biggest gripe with delay pedals in the past (dd3, nova repeater, echo park) is that they get in the way. That is to say, the repeats either start piling up annoyingly or not enough. This guy is really cool as what you're currently playing really seems to maintain center stage and the rest just adds a delicious wash. I also love that even maxed out on everything (which gets bonkers), it doesn't turn into "quick turn off the amp!!!" since it doesn't go into freakout self-oscillation. It also allows a little bit of leeway with perfection...if you're not quite on the tempo it just quickly adds to the ambience.

I can't say I'll forever be in love, but out of the delays I've tried, I think this is a winner and really does some cool things!

eqd.jpg

I am really jonesing over this pedal as well. Wish it were a little more tweakable, but sometimes simpler is better if it does what it does well...

Back