NPUD - Fishman Will Adler in a PRS!?!

Warmart

Well it was yesterday morning when I finished :rolleyes: installing my 1st ever set of Fishmans, the Will Adlers into my PRS 594 - I know, sacrilege and all that :devilish: but it had to be done.

Gutting all electronics and reinstalling is not for the faint of heart, it was a JOB. At least I'm fairly experienced with soldering but navigating multiple Fishman wiring diagrams to figure out what was needed for THIS pu set in THIS guitar was a challenge. This is only my 2nd pu swap and the 1st was solderless EMG, but it worked 1st time! This guitar has hybrid hardware so the little bits of brass go well with the pu covers - which probably isn't the case for most guitars and this particular pu model! Although I'm fairly sure you could easily remove the top layer from the covers.

Very unique sounding pu's and massively better than the 58/15 MT's that came in it. They were fairly low output but VERY prone to feedback and just not my thing at ALL.

Damndest part is that I assumed I'd prefer the Voice 2 which is supposed to be the "active" sounding voice, so I wired my 2 push/pulls to make it the default. After playing a bit I found out voice 1 sounds way better to me, so I guess I'll be moving the wires on the push/pulls so my knobs aren't out all the time :hys:.

uc

uc

Well it was yesterday morning when I finished :rolleyes: installing my 1st ever set of Fishmans, the Will Adlers into my PRS 594 - I know, sacrilege and all that :devilish: but it had to be done.

Gutting all electronics and reinstalling is not for the faint of heart, it was a JOB. At least I'm fairly experienced with soldering but navigating multiple Fishman wiring diagrams to figure out what was needed for THIS pu set in THIS guitar was a challenge. This is only my 2nd pu swap and the 1st was solderless EMG, but it worked 1st time! This guitar has hybrid hardware so the little bits of brass go well with the pu covers - which probably isn't the case for most guitars and this particular pu model! Although I'm fairly sure you could easily remove the top layer from the covers.

Very unique sounding pu's and massively better than the 58/15 MT's that came in it. They were fairly low output but VERY prone to feedback and just not my thing at ALL.

Damndest part is that I assumed I'd prefer the Voice 2 which is supposed to be the "active" sounding voice, so I wired my 2 push/pulls to make it the default. After playing a bit I found out voice 1 sounds way better to me, so I guess I'll be moving the wires on the push/pulls so my knobs aren't out all the time :hys:.

uc

uc
That is a beautiful guitar

That looks great! And yeah, the Fishman's require the diagram with the pickups and other diagrams from the website I've found.

uc

uc
Nice!!

I’ve had bad luck with the Adler pickups. Phasing issues, 3 set in a row. They confirmed they made a lot with phasing issues. But they look cool :)

It’s almost a given that you’ll have to replace pickups on a PRS (not all of them, of course, but most). I’ve have many, many pickups in my CU24. Ended up with a custom Gravelin in the bridge and a Duncan 59 in the neck. Tore the rotator switch out first thing when I got it and converted it to a toggle.

I’ve had bad luck with the Adler pickups. Phasing issues, 3 set in a row. They confirmed they made a lot with phasing issues. But they look cool :)
I got lucky I guess, I think I've seen you mention that before. Definitely don't care for the neck's voice 2, very boomy - but don't sense any phasing issues with these.
It’s almost a given that you’ll have to replace pickups on a PRS (not all of them, of course, but most). I’ve have many, many pickups in my CU24. Ended up with a custom Gravelin in the bridge and a Duncan 59 in the neck. Tore the rotator switch out first thing when I got it and converted it to a toggle.
I wasn't happy with the 85/15 in my CU24 until I started using a Kemper boost, now I'm real happy with them. Also have a love/hate relationship with my Paul's - but they aren't changeable so on those days I play something else :p
A buddy of mine just swapped the Adler set into his PRS Tremonti Baritone and says it sounds absolutely amazing now!
I went through all my guitars last night and maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I think this guitar is the best sounding - the low end thunk AND the harmonics are something special. Whether it's the solid rosewood neck, these new Fishman, or just a combination of everything? Who TF knows but man I'm loving them. Brought this guitar expecting it to be my #1 in 2020 and these pu's took it out of the "I'm gonna sell it soon" pile to true #1!
That is a beautiful guitar
That guitar is sexy as fucking fuck
That looks great! And yeah, the Fishman's require the diagram with the pickups and other diagrams from the website I've found.
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words and I'm very fortunate to have found this one! @Devin made me spit on my monitors! :ROFLMAO:

Back