NPUD

EyesOfTheSouth!

Jalen “Bee’. Just dropped it in and yet to play. Coming off a modified Duncan CS Frankenstein (degaussed A5) and a Pariah Destruction 70.

More to come

IMG_9108.jpeg

I have actually heard great stuff about that pickup. I wanted to try one, but am holding out for Scottosan to begin building again.

Let us know how it sounds !!!

Well I’m kind of disappointed. Don’t know if it’s the A8, the hex poles, or my lack of a Floyd……..but the pickup is extremely low middy and fat. More so than a Dimarzio SD. Also sounds much hotter than 9k.

This is my first experience with A8, so maybe that’s it. But it’s not staying unfortunately.

Well I’m kind of disappointed. Don’t know if it’s the A8, the hex poles, or my lack of a Floyd……..but the pickup is extremely low middy and fat. More so than a Dimarzio SD. Also sounds much hotter than 9k.

This is my first experience with A8, so maybe that’s it. But it’s not staying unfortunately.
A8 is more of everything. It’s actually stronger magnetically than ceramic and since is has ferric (iron) properties has a higher inductance, making it hotter. If using an A8 in a PAF type pickup wound with standard TPL of 50-65, the lows and mids will be more prominent vs a typical PAF.

A8 is more of everything. It’s actually stronger magnetically than ceramic and since is has ferric (iron) properties has a higher inductance, making it hotter. If using an A8 in a PAF type pickup wound with standard TPL of 50-65, the lows and mids will be more prominent vs a typical PAF.
Yeah. Kind of figured it was the A8. Had loads of pickups in this guitar and the Bee is the first one that immediately struck me as “different”.

I actually never play this guitar. Think I’m just going to slap a JB in it with a 300k volume pot. If it doesn’t float my boat then I’m likely gonna put it up for grabs. I’m a Gibson guy at heart and have yet to play a strat with a humbucker that moves me. I love my vintage strats though!

Sorry it didn't work out for you, I had one in my Suhr bumble bee guitar and sounded pretty great!

Sorry it didn't work out for you, I had one in my Suhr bumble bee guitar and sounded pretty great!

Yeah that kicked ass and one of the reasons I tried it. Maybe I just don’t have your chops. Not maybe……I don’t! Lol.

I think it might have dove something to do with my blocked, vintage trem. Bee is just too beefy on this guitar.

Back