NRD Eventide

blackie13

New rack day for me...

Even though I recently got a Sony DPS M7 I was pleasantly surpriced by the sound and capabilities, an Eventide Eclipse came up and it was such a good price that I just couldnt pass...

Whatever they say about eventide units is true...this unit is amazing...the screen is amazing, the button feel nice, the encoder is super strong even though is almost 20 years old...

And soundwise...whatever you have heard in records is right there...the micropitch has "that"...the verbs are quite great too...and not too hard to program if you get used to it...

What an amazing unit that is...should have bought one sooner...

359673692_130879316723017_6144813621000524576_n.jpg

Congrats!
I sold my Sony DPS V77 after getting my Eclipse.
See attached image, dead center (underneath the Urei 1178, above the TC Reverb 4000)

As you said, easier to navigate. The Sony sounded nice, but it was a bit cumbersome in operation.

Attachments

• Gear close-up.jpg
    Gear close-up.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 38
Some updates since I had the time to play a bit...

Eclipse can do sooooo much and is super deep...but the Sony M7 will not go down without a fight...I didnt have the time to go deep on the eclipse but the M7s detune is too good...

Looks like we are gonna have a battle of "detune" effects...

If you like the M7, you ought to try a DPS-V77. It's like an Eclipse made by Sony. Same algo structure, same routing, like-minded algorithms (all coming from Sony M7/R7/D7) and just a great sounding unit overall. I love mine. I'm on the lookout for a cheap Eclipse too !

If you like the M7, you ought to try a DPS-V77. It's like an Eclipse made by Sony. Same algo structure, same routing, like-minded algorithms (all coming from Sony M7/R7/D7) and just a great sounding unit overall. I love mine. I'm on the lookout for a cheap Eclipse too !

I have heard that the V77 is not better sounding than the others...it can act like a multieffect, running 2 effects at the same time...since I have the Gforce there is no need for 2 effects...also the V77s prices have gone up the last year...
no way I am paying 650€ for the V77...I got the eclipse for 850...

I have one. Its a great unit. I got some Italo patches for it, but was never able to get them to install. Didnt get much help from Italo either. Kinda disappointing. I'll share the patches with you if you can help me get them installed in mine.

I have heard that the V77 is not better sounding than the others...it can act like a multieffect, running 2 effects at the same time...since I have the Gforce there is no need for 2 effects...also the V77s prices have gone up the last year...
no way I am paying 650€ for the V77...I got the eclipse for 850...
Totally. I think I sold my V77 for around €450 or so (but, years ago). €650 seems crazy indeed.

Have loved Eventide since my studio days in the 80s and 90s. They've always sounded great.

Coupla years ago I added an H9 to one of the pedalboards I use when not running the rack rig.
Can't hold a candle to the Eclipse of course, but it's light years beyond most other stomp boxes.
Wouldn't mind an H90 but the board is packed pretty tightly and I don't have space for one.

The M7 is the best bang for the buck out there, for sure. I consolidated my FX to a H3000, a GTR4000 and a Kurzweil KSP8 six or seven years ago and sold everything else - except the M7, which I still have in a box somewhere. It really is that good, and cheap enough that it wasn´t worth selling.

The M7 is the best bang for the buck out there, for sure. I consolidated my FX to a H3000, a GTR4000 and a Kurzweil KSP8 six or seven years ago and sold everything else - except the M7, which I still have in a box somewhere. It really is that good, and cheap enough that it wasn´t worth selling.

The micropitch is 95% identical...with the M7 being a bit more trebly and tighter...the Eclipse is airier and smoother...but its just 5% of a difference...the eclipse can do much more and has amazing IO...the M7 sucks at it...

I got my M7 for 250€ and the micropitch and Chorus ensemble is worth the double...

Have loved Eventide since my studio days in the 80s and 90s. They've always sounded great.

Coupla years ago I added an H9 to one of the pedalboards I use when not running the rack rig.
Can't hold a candle to the Eclipse of course, but it's light years beyond most other stomp boxes.
Wouldn't mind an H90 but the board is packed pretty tightly and I don't have space for one.

A good friend of mine has the H9 Max...I just love the app...but the lack of headroom and line level connectivity makes it a no-no...I could go H90, but I am a sucker for racks...

The micropitch is 95% identical...with the M7 being a bit more trebly and tighter...the Eclipse is airier and smoother...but its just 5% of a difference...the eclipse can do much more and has amazing IO...the M7 sucks at it...

I got my M7 for 250€ and the micropitch and Chorus ensemble is worth the double...

I can´t remember using it for the pitch effect, but it sure has a ton of very nice chorus programs and I wouldn´t be surprised if the pitch is great too.

But yeah, straight out of the box the M7 probably has a wider range of guitar-friendly presets than anything I´ve had, so I didn´t mess around with programming it very much.

I can´t remember using it for the pitch effect, but it sure has a ton of very nice chorus programs and I wouldn´t be surprised if the pitch is great too.

But yeah, straight out of the box the M7 probably has a wider range of guitar-friendly presets than anything I´ve had, so I didn´t mess around with programming it very much.
I don't mess with it much...no way I am dealing with 122 parameters for a single algorithm...
Just the level and its set...

A good friend of mine has the H9 Max...I just love the app...but the lack of headroom and line level connectivity makes it a no-no...I could go H90, but I am a sucker for racks...
Yah. mine's the Max. I got it to be able to approximate some favorite programs from my big rig, which is a rack/MIDI.
Mostly smart shift, but it's nice to have a few wilder extras like ringmod - not worth a separate pedal for an effect I use only occasionally.

Also glad to have Blackhole. My main reverb is a Neunaber Immerse, but I keep that set for heavier ambient sections. I use Blackhole with less density and a shorter decay, but it still adds life and motion well beyond the capability a basic hall or plate.

No headroom issues for me; running it at instrument level.

To get the best from the H9 really would require MIDI. Or at least the extra dual footswitch for convenience switching programs.
Don't want the extra complication of MIDI for a simple pedalboard-amp rig, though.
And the board is packed so tightly, there isn't even room for another footswitch.

I don't mess with it much...no way I am dealing with 122 parameters for a single algorithm...
Just the level and its set...
i have all the sony processors and i am going to build a rig with just the sonys later this year. They all sound amazing and can hang with any other processors. I just cant understand what they were thinking with the UI and then some algos have like 200 parameters:oops:

i have just about every high end processor ever made and the Sonys are by far the most cumbersom ever, but they sound so good. Leon Todds videos are good representations of them.

Italos presets are awesome on the Eclipse, I have a tech who loaded them in for me. I wish Italo had presets for the Sonys

Back