Nuclear Exchange

Minte

It's starting to look more and more like the world is heading in that direction, Russia stopped sharing data with the US... China increasing their number of warheads from hundreds to thousands, North Korea allegedly joining the club. Iran closing in. Add this to a very weak current US administration. We are probably as close today as we were during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

I'm good up to 50 megatons

(y)

v3ZN8B9.jpg

When I was in the US Army, I did my tour with Pershing Missiles. They were all active with very large warheads. Hundreds of times the size of Hiroshima. The thing that always stayed with me from that experience was how many people around the world actually have their finger on the RFB(remote fire buttons). With so many crazies out there these days, an accidental launch gets to be a real possiblility.

Having been on the inside aren't there steps in place that take out the single finger scenario entirely?

After the movie Failsafe I'd a thought a big lesson would have been learned by all branches!
There is. It's called PAL, permissive action link. It's what controls the codes that the president has with him at all times. It comes down to a 1-10000 chance of actually detonating the warhead, that being said, If a submarine launches a round, I don't believe for a second that the Russians would wait for it to detonate before responding.

When I was in the US Army, I did my tour with Pershing Missiles. They were all active with very large warheads. Hundreds of times the size of Hiroshima. The thing that always stayed with me from that experience was how many people around the world actually have their finger on the RFB(remote fire buttons). With so many crazies out there these days, an accidental launch gets to be a real possiblility.
That’s more my line of thinking, some kind of mistake when things are on high alert. Maybe an overreaction on my part but A.I. may play a part.
And I’m somewhat in agreement with Donnie: business and industry rule most “involved “ countries and it would not be beneficial for them.

Same goes for the Panama Canal. Another 24/7/365 operation keeping shelves stocked and rich men rich.

Each freighter has to go through the narrow parts at each end of it.

Panama-toll.jpg

There's always a line. The canal was built around this lake so it could be used as the staging area.
Not uncommon for a ship to have to wait days for their turn.

cargo-ships-waiting-to-cross-panama-canal-city-september-132111186.jpg

All this grinds to a complete halt before either the US or China ever steps into the ring.

Same goes for the Panama Canal. Another 24/7/365 operation keeping shelves stocked and rich men rich.

Each freighter has to go through the narrow parts at each end of it.

Panama-toll.jpg

There's always a line. The canal was built around this lake so it could be used as the staging area.
Not uncommon for a ship to have to wait days for their turn.

cargo-ships-waiting-to-cross-panama-canal-city-september-132111186.jpg

All this grinds to a complete halt before either the US or China ever steps into the ring.
And put 500 lbs of C4 on one of those ships, set to detonate in the locks…not unthinkable.

Everyone (Guberment leaders) should meet in Canada...we have some seriously good weed.....I suggest some Guava Biscotti to start.

Need to CHIll da fuck out!

Back