Official Dallas/North Texas Ampfest Thread 3/23/19 1-6PM

I was telling Scott I’ll bring any of the ones in my stable, but prob just 2-3 total.
Thinkin I’m gonna try and bring my uberkab to have a metal cab.

rottingcorpse":1jgglym6 said:
I vote for the Butterslax and wizard,please. Amps you rarely see in the wild.

You got it bro!
The slax is modded too, prob the most metal slax in the wild, unless someone copied me :rock:

LPMojoGL":1cqjsf7d said:
I have a Zoom Q2HD and a portable MacBook setup using mics and/or a Suhr RL.
You should def bring this!
I just ordered a two notes torpedo studio today, but I don’t think I’ll have it ready by this weekend.
Prob won’t even get it unboxed with how this week looks, even if it comes this week.

LunatiBSW":361k7bb1 said:
rottingcorpse":361k7bb1 said:
I vote for the Butterslax and wizard,please. Amps you rarely see in the wild.

You got it bro!
The slax is modded too, prob the most metal slax in the wild, unless someone copied me :rock:

If ya wanna add a third. ;) I request the JP2C. :D

rottingcorpse":1x3zx6ph said:
I should also note that I am not real safe for public consumption,but will try my best to dial it back a little.

...geeked for you guys..hope it's a blast.

otherwise...this shit above is just funny to me...

Hey Gents,

Saturday's coming up. I'm the one that rented Room from 1-6pm. That includes load in and out. Room was $125 and I prepaid so any chipping in is appreciated.

One thing I didn't think of is perhaps it would have been better to have two smaller rooms, so we could have multiple amps going at one time without "bumping into one another" but... One big room should work well.

Look forward to seeing all there. If anyone wants to connect beforehand or swap phone digits, PM me.

Looking forward to it Saturday. The weather is supposed to be shit, so it's a good day to blast eardrums.

Damn. Was in Dallas a few weeks ago with the wife. Would love to attend one of these as we have no options in my area to actually play awsome amps. Maybe for round two, and i will bring my Rev 2 Uberschall.

Junk Yard Dog":1ifcg4cj said:
Hey Gents,

Saturday's coming up. I'm the one that rented Room from 1-6pm. That includes load in and out. Room was $125 and I prepaid so any chipping in is appreciated.

One thing I didn't think of is perhaps it would have been better to have two smaller rooms, so we could have multiple amps going at one time without "bumping into one another" but... One big room should work well.

Look forward to seeing all there. If anyone wants to connect beforehand or swap phone digits, PM me.

Looking forward to it Saturday. The weather is supposed to be shit, so it's a good day to blast eardrums.
I'll give you a ring tomortow and throw some cash your way. Gonna spend tomorrow changing strings and packing. I'm also looking forward to here different guitars a pickups through my amp. I'm a creature of habit and all my stuff is similar

MrDowntown":3f2v9fmz said:
interested to see how the PRS MT15 hangs with the bigger heads
It doesn’t, I bought one when they first came out, sent it packing real fast.
If it was my only head it may be cool. But played next to any of my big boys, and it didn’t do it for me.
It will seem like a toy honestly with the amps showing up. :LOL: :LOL:

Junk Yard Dog":37u0mbyh said:
Hey Gents,

Thanks for arranging! let me know the scoop on dough.

MrDowntown":1jyq9b9y said:
I tried one, those are smoking for the price. A mic'd cab and gigging it'd be fine, but even alot of higher wattage modern voiced amps struggle against a Marshall upper mid focused amps. I used to have 120 watt Peavey XXX that would get drowned out against another guitarists 50 watt JCM900

LunatiBSW":2qptvahc said:
MrDowntown":2qptvahc said:
It doesn’t, I bought one when they first came out, sent it packing real fast.
If it was my only head it may be cool. But played next to any of my big boys, and it didn’t do it for me.
It will seem like a toy honestly with the amps showing up. :LOL: :LOL:

Agreed, after playing one. First impression was good clean and good hi gain at home volumes, kinda like the Orange Terror amps.

scottosan":2qptvahc said:
Junk Yard Dog":2qptvahc said:
Hey Gents,

I'll give you a ring tomortow and throw some cash your way. Gonna spend tomorrow changing strings and packing. I'm also looking forward to here different guitars a pickups through my amp. I'm a creature of habit and all my stuff is similar

Speaking of guitars, who is bringing what? Was planning on bringing a Satchel Charvel. Have a killer SG with a Motor City Detroiter in the bridge and an Explorer with a Wagner Godwood set, if anyone wants to check em out.

I’m left handed, so no guitar swapping for me. I’m bringing my Mayones Duvelle custom build, with Bareknuckle juggernauts.

Back