Oh dear... New Dokken video..

Just to reiterate as some here I know for a fact do not click on links as they are super paranoid (looking at you @PLX :LOL: )

"DON DOKKEN To Fans Criticizing His Vocal Performance: 'If I Can't Sing The Way They Remember Me, Then Just Don't Come To The Show'
September 26, 2023
In a new interview with Shawn Ratches of Laughingmonkeymusic, DOKKEN frontman Don Dokken spoke about the difficulties he has had preserving his voice as he gets older and the issues he has encountered trying to reproduce DOKKEN's classic material in a live setting. He said in part (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET) "I've had a lot of complaints. I see fans, when I go, 'The kiss of…' [in the song 'Kiss Of Death'] and I hit this B flat above A, this super soprano note, and I wouldn't hit it, and you see people go, 'Well, hey, you didn't hit the note.' I'm, like, 'Dude, I've done, like, three thousand concerts. It's like a motor car. It's getting worn out.'"

Just to reiterate as some here I know for a fact do not click on links as they are super paranoid (looking at you @PLX :LOL: )

"DON DOKKEN To Fans Criticizing His Vocal Performance: 'If I Can't Sing The Way They Remember Me, Then Just Don't Come To The Show'
September 26, 2023
In a new interview with Shawn Ratches of Laughingmonkeymusic, DOKKEN frontman Don Dokken spoke about the difficulties he has had preserving his voice as he gets older and the issues he has encountered trying to reproduce DOKKEN's classic material in a live setting. He said in part (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET) "I've had a lot of complaints. I see fans, when I go, 'The kiss of…' [in the song 'Kiss Of Death'] and I hit this B flat above A, this super soprano note, and I wouldn't hit it, and you see people go, 'Well, hey, you didn't hit the note.' I'm, like, 'Dude, I've done, like, three thousand concerts. It's like a motor car. It's getting worn out.'"
Awesome

it might be more like the motor car that never got an oil change and let the transmission filter fill up with metallic shavings.

in the meantime, there are singers running on synthetic lubricants on a regular maintenance program?

Sounds pretty authentic. The guitar solo is nice, the music is ok but that green screen makes it look like a yt parody video.
They tried to capture the 80s visuals but you can't do that using modern gear.
I don't follow Dokken much but I secretly hopped Lynch would be there.

I don't want to bash Don too much but the full interview that Blabbermouth was quoting showed up in my YouTube feed. Keeping in mind the reasons given for the state of his voice and the serious health issues he's had, I found it interesting that he was smoking cigarettes during the interview.

People ragging on Don, I get it. Dokken was my favorite band growing up. George is the reason I play guitar. Don's in his 70's. He's older than my dad was when he died, which is crazy to think. He's given me so much joy over the years. His body has been through a war, with cancer and back issues.

I saw Deep Purple a few years back, Ian was awful. I saw Whitesnake, David was awful. I saw Kiss, they straight up lip sync. If Don wants to go out there, I will go and watch, what else am I going to do, watch TV? Don, live your dreams and die with your boots on.

Back