Oh man, got the Friedman PT20 V2...percussive, hard rock goodness!!

I really want to try the V2 or the mini twin sister, clips sound great. The PT20 was my main amp for 3+ years.

When the JJ jr was announced I was super stoked and ordered one immediately, waited months for it, planned on replacing the PT20. When it finally showed up it and I compared the two I was pretty disappointed because the taco continued to be the better sounding amp to my ears.

I haven't delved into the middle long, but all the way down does great 70's to 80's rock.

I'm in the up position highest gain, boosted and gain backed down. Very aggressive. It's almost like a Splawn's Gear 1 and Gear 2. But, of course the voicing is much more high-mid focused, closer to a traditional Marshall vs. Scott's flavor.

I don't use the sat switch. Its fuller, bigger, and the sat thins it out. It's much bigger, and still aggressive with it off and boosted.
Lol, holy crap dude I was thinking about the Splawn thing myself!! I almost posted that the other day. I used to say that Splawn amps had more of an old school, percussive, hair metal tone and Friedmans were chewy with more modern feel.

I have found a use for every switch, even the Fat switch but like that with cleaner tones. I'm still trying to "define" each switch position. I have had great success with boosts too.

Try what? I thought some of the Friedman amps were made in China?

Maybe where something is made doesn't matter to you but it might to others.

Pretty cool this ones made in the US. Would be much more inclined to buy one knowing that.
I think the bigger ones are hand soldered one by one and the smaller are factory line kind of setup but not sure.

I really want to try the V2 or the mini twin sister, clips sound great. The PT20 was my main amp for 3+ years.

When the JJ jr was announced I was super stoked and ordered one immediately, waited months for it, planned on replacing the PT20. When it finally showed up it and I compared the two I was pretty disappointed because the taco continued to be the better sounding amp to my ears.
I think you would definitely dig this. I have the JJ Jr. and this one is definitely clearer. It doesn't have a clean channel but I like the PT20 V2 channel turned down as a clean than the JJ Jr. one. I'm going to try to get some clips done but gotta pick up an SM57 or something, lol

A lot of Friedmans simply need more cut. Sounds like he's finally delivered. Could this be a practice run for a bigger 50/100 watter with similar circuit?

A lot of Friedmans simply need more cut. Sounds like he's finally delivered. Could this be a practice run for a bigger 50/100 watter with similar circuit?
Yeah I think he definitely did. I've got the Treble at Noon and is nice and bright. I was thinking thr same thing. Would he do a bigger amp with more of that cutting sound?

I hear people now saying it’s too bright lol. Nothing but a bunch of whiny little bitches that don’t have clue to begin with
Dude, knowing your tone and style, I think you would dig this amp. If people think it is too bright, I imagine they are setting it at their "typical" setting. I haven't cranked the amp yet but can't see it being too bright or treble heavy. For me, I've got the mids and treble sitting between 4 and 6 and is great.

Dude, knowing your tone and style, I think you would dig this amp. If people think it is too bright, I imagine they are setting it at their "typical" setting. I haven't cranked the amp yet but can't see it being too bright or treble heavy. For me, I've got the mids and treble sitting between 4 and 6 and is great.
I had mine at substantial volume for a couple hours today. Very loud, actually. It really opens up and fills out nicely. I ended up back to the SD-1 as a boost, and it was just filthy sounding. Keep the treble under 6, and brightness isn't an issue. I have nice broken-in UK-Greenback loaded 4x12, so that certainly tames things a bit too.

I had mine at substantial volume for a couple hours today. Very loud, actually. It really opens up and fills out nicely. I ended up back to the SD-1 as a boost, and it was just filthy sounding. Keep the treble under 6, and brightness isn't an issue. I have nice broken-in UK-Greenback loaded 4x12, so that certainly tames things a bit too.
I'm using the "D" side of my Keeley D&M pedal as a boost and sounds killer with this amp.

Back