Oh shiiii... more rack stuff inbound! (Syn-2, Bman, DS)

JerEvil

Well I’m on a tear with rack stuff as of late. Missed an ok deal on an Engl E570. Been talking with John Browne from the band Monuments (and a few others) about the Synergy stuff.

Still not 100% convinced on the system overall based on demos, but made an offer on a minty (according to seller) Syn-2 with the Bman and DS modules cheap enough to give it a go.

I am already expecting to sell the Bman module straight away but am looking forward to the DS module. Miss my Dirty Shirley quite a bit.

Everyone I know that bought the Syn50/50 says it’s absolutely the weak link in the product line so hopefully the PS100 will give more punch.

Those Syn modules area all greatly dependent on what your're running them into... Ideally run them into the same or similar type power sections as the original design. I had the SLO, the DS and the Ecstasy modules through a SYN1 unit > Wizard MC25 power section and it sounded pretty monstrous. My buddy had my Bogner 3534 head and the SYN Bog module and was able to get them nearly identical. In the end I couldn't justify keeping the SYN setup as I already really liked the amps I have. Otherwise I think they are a better avenue than either the Kemper or AxeFx, at least for me. They are not modelers, they are line voltage tube driven pre-amp units. You should do well with the PS100

I currently have Uberschall, Savage, Powerball, SLO, and Pitbull modules. I run them into either VHT 2150 or Classic power amps. The rig absolutely dominates. I have a Deliverance on order, and then I'll probably top things off with some kind of clean/Marshally crunch module.

I've never owned any of above amps, but I don't care. These sound amazing and that's what counts. Glad to hear you will be experimenting with the Synergy, and let us know how you like the DS!

Those Syn modules area all greatly dependent on what your're running them into... Ideally run them into the same or similar type power sections as the original design. I had the SLO, the DS and the Ecstasy modules through a SYN1 unit > Wizard MC25 power section and it sounded pretty monstrous. My buddy had my Bogner 3534 head and the SYN Bog module and was able to get them nearly identical. In the end I couldn't justify keeping the SYN setup as I already really liked the amps I have. Otherwise I think they are a better avenue than either the Kemper or AxeFx, at least for me. They are not modelers, they are line voltage tube driven pre-amp units. You should do well with the PS100
Yeah I don't necessarily worry about it sounding TOO much like the OG amp, as long as they sound good. I hear the XTC model is supposed to be one of the best ones.

I'd be after a savage module if I bought any synergy platform.
Yeah I am interested in it but honestly, most of the Powerball vids I have heard sounded better, plus I like the separate EQ's.I'll check quite a few out for sure though.

I currently have Uberschall, Savage, Powerball, SLO, and Pitbull modules. I run them into either VHT 2150 or Classic power amps. The rig absolutely dominates. I have a Deliverance on order, and then I'll probably top things off with some kind of clean/Marshally crunch module.

I've never owned any of above amps, but I don't care. These sound amazing and that's what counts. Glad to hear you will be experimenting with the Synergy, and let us know how you like the DS!
Yeah I am hoping the PS100 is a good match. I think it will be. Sounds great with my other preamps. I'll definitely post some vids on both the Man and DS. I already reached out to Dave F to see if he could add the Bright switch non the Twin Sister to the module...

The Powerball module demos do sound fantastic, but personally, I already have a Fireball 100, so the Savage would be more different. But I'd probably get both in all honestly. The synergy stuff is such a killer idea for people who want to try or own everything.

The Powerball module demos do sound fantastic, but personally, I already have a Fireball 100, so the Savage would be more different. But I'd probably get both in all honestly. The synergy stuff is such a killer idea for people who want to try or own everything.
Yeah man. I am also looking to take on some more reamp and production work. I figure this is a good way to add some additional tones at a reasonable cost to boot. My physical amps are pretty diverse already.

Back