Ola Chorus

GuitarGuy08

Hello all!

I went on a wide search for a chorus/vibrato pedal because.... Well... I guess I figured I needed to waste more money on gear that isn't really needed.... Anywho,

I spanned the interwebs listening to countless demos and the normal thing.

For whatever reason, I landed on a Strymon Ola.

WOW. I have never been a heavy chorus user or anything but this sounds crazy good in front of my amp distortion. I have some OD/Dist in front of it as well and it shines with either one. Very musical chorus/vibrato unit.

These things have been out for like 10+ years now so I thought I would prefer something newer. Nope. I love it for my sound. They nailed it!

With it being so old, I was able to get one in mint condition w the box and all for half of what they are new.

Crazy satisfied with this purchase. I had no clue it would be an absolute tone monster. The envelope mode w vibrato is the unexpected gem in this one.

So, overall, couldn't be happier. Not disappointed with one sound out of this little box of modulation magic.

The Ola is a great chorus. I have a feeling Strymon is gonna come out with a smaller version like they did with the Cloudburst and Brig. Now if you ever get on the look again for something with a smaller footprint the Vahlbruch Chorus/Vibrato is fantastic as well.

The Ola is a great chorus. I have a feeling Strymon is gonna come out with a smaller version like they did with the Cloudburst and Brig. Now if you ever get on the look again for something with a smaller footprint the Vahlbruch Chorus/Vibrato is fantastic as well.
I was hoping they would have released a V2, but the Ultra Violet just released, so figured it could be awhile. Who knows, they may not ever do it but I'd suppose they eventually will.

Thanks for the recommendation. My board is fine for now space wise but you never know, it's an ever shifting environment!

I can vouch for the Orbit, great flanger. I don't think there is any bad Strymon pedals. Glad you are happy sounds like a great chorus.....

Hello all!

I went on a wide search for a chorus/vibrato pedal because.... Well... I guess I figured I needed to waste more money on gear that isn't really needed.... Anywho,

I spanned the interwebs listening to countless demos and the normal thing.

For whatever reason, I landed on a Strymon Ola.

WOW. I have never been a heavy chorus user or anything but this sounds crazy good in front of my amp distortion. I have some OD/Dist in front of it as well and it shines with either one. Very musical chorus/vibrato unit.

These things have been out for like 10+ years now so I thought I would prefer something newer. Nope. I love it for my sound. They nailed it!

With it being so old, I was able to get one in mint condition w the box and all for half of what they are new.

Crazy satisfied with this purchase. I had no clue it would be an absolute tone monster. The envelope mode w vibrato is the unexpected gem in this one.

So, overall, couldn't be happier. Not disappointed with one sound out of this little box of modulation magic.

Man, the Ola and the Vahlbruch chorus are both on my short list of choruses to try. Still on the hunt for a chorus that sounds really good with distortion. Love my Boss DC-2W, but the lack of a mix control makes it sound kinda soupy with high gain I find. One concern I have with the Ola is I feel like they're probably going to update it soon as they just did a V2 of so many of their similarly sized pedals.

Man, the Ola and the Vahlbruch chorus are both on my short list of choruses to try. Still on the hunt for a chorus that sounds really good with distortion. Love my Boss DC-2W, but the lack of a mix control makes it sound kinda soupy with high gain I find. One concern I have with the Ola is I feel like they're probably going to update it soon as they just did a V2 of so many of their similarly sized pedals.
True on the Ola, surprised they haven't already. Still it's a great sounding chorus. I use the Mobius on my smaller board but the Ola sounds better to my ears.

On my larger board I have the Vahlbruch. It's great, and imo sounds good with distortion. It was what I settled on as my main chorus several years back after going through a ton of chorus pedals. I also have the Providence Anadime ADC4 chorus, another great chorus. The three modes give it alot of options. I bounce between the two but generally the Vahlbruch gets the most play.

Dude, this handles all the distortion you could want, no joke. I say that with trying it before the amp and also in the loop. That's what was lacking in every other chorus I saw. Normally they only sound good one way or one one setting and with the Ola, I use every setting, which is a surprise!! I agree that I was afraid of them updating it very soon BUT who knows. No regrets. Using this pedal wayyy more than I imagined already. Wild. The envelope mode is absolutely magical. Can't recommend the Ola enough.

Back