Old issues of Guitar One Guitar World Guitar ! What should I do with them ? LOL

Panhead5

This might be a little off topic for the forum but I'm having a massive reorganization of gear and stuff and have these magazines from the late 90's to about 2010. What should I do with them ??? I hate to throw them away but I also know with Youtube and the internet that they are seriously dated . They are cool as hell to look at with all the different bands from the time period .

Do we deep six them ,or give them away or what ??

This might be a little off topic for the forum but I'm having a massive reorganization of gear and stuff and have these magazines from the late 90's to about 2010. What should I do with them ??? I hate to throw them away but I also know with Youtube and the internet that they are seriously dated . They are cool as hell to look at with all the different bands from the time period .

I have a stack of them, 8 feet high.

They'll have to pry them out of my cold, dead hands.

:mad:

Keep them, put them in a tupperware container

i took a stash from some dude when he was moving, its every year of a few different magazines from late 80s to mid 10s, they take up a large chunk of my stand up closet and they are just too heavy for me to want to do anything with lol

I dropped off a couple boxes at the local guitar repair shop in NJ a bunch of years ago.

Just put the box next to his front door and left. He never knew it was me.

I figured he could give them out to his customers.

I stripped all of mine of all the posters, and put them all on my wall in my music room. I can't even see the color of the walls anymore!!!!! And It looks fucking cool.
20190106_140215.jpg

Never mind the guitars, this is about the posters!!!😂😂😂

I'd definitely hang onto them, at the least drop them off at a store or take them to a used book store so someone can get some joy and use out of them - Half Price Books will have old back issues of Guitar World once in a while for a dollar and I've filled some holes of some issues I missed along the way. Hell, Ive got issues from the early 2000s and there are ones from the mid-late 80s I wish I had never gotten rid of as a kid so if you've got the space, just store them away and keep them.

Unless you really view them as waste product and its a major problem,I'd think hard before you move them.Unless every single issue was digitized,with all the special holiday issues,etc, maybe if they're burnt to dvds or thumb drives,.I'd organize and store them in time line order in totes or cabinets.
I have almost every issue of guitar one,plus all the other big ones at least from the mid 80s to current. I prefer real copies over internet digital subscriptions and there's many reasons why for me.
There is a ton of valuable info in those mags.Some of that info/ interviews/ gear reviews,etc the artists themselves can't even recall today.I am regularly pulling up back issues from my collection of certain topics, etc.that folks are asking for.
Starting mid 80s,every time my friends and I went to a music store,while lots of people walked right past the latest mesa boogie,jackson,Tom a,marshall,tc electronic, eventide, kramer,hamer,etc catalogs or product brochures stacked on the corner of the checkout counter, ( for free too) I'd grab one of each. FF to 2023..
Many of those brochures are highly sought after,even by some of the manufacturers themselves, they fetch big moola too. (mine are not fs).I have used all this stuff at presentations, for teaching,for research, for learning of certain topics that aren't found in any search engine,etc.
So anyways, my collections have proven highly valuable over the years for me and others ,that I'd wouldn't have otherwise had if the local dumpster had claimed them.Every body looks at it differently. Ymmv.

I had 9 paper boxes full. Hundreds of them. I kept about twenty.
I put up local ads anyone can have them free if they pick them up. After a few months no one came to get them. I gave them to Half Price Books and they recycled them.

I have plastic bins full of them, almost all are Guitar For The Practicing Musician from the 80’s. I’ve moved around the last couple of years for my job but will put them on a book shelf once we settle down. I couldn’t bare to let them go. So many memories slaving over them.

I have plastic bins full of them, almost all are Guitar For The Practicing Musician from the 80’s. I’ve moved around the last couple of years for my job but will put them on a book shelf once we settle down. I couldn’t bare to let them go. So many memories slaving over them.
That's the way I am about them . I remember how excited I was about the tabs when I found a song in one of them I was looking for and how much time I spent working on some of the songs ! Pre internet of course !!!

I also had boxes of these from the 80's into the early 90's ........... my now ex-wife made me toss them 20 years ago .... wish I still had them

Hey there's my old #1.....the cherryburst peavey! Hope you're still lovin it Chris!🤘
Hey man!!!! Yup, still rocking that one almost daily, plays like butter, the neck is amazing. Taking good care if here my friend.

Still have my ex greenie Charvel?

Back