OMG tone!

Reminds me of a Peacemaker, and I can't stand those amps. Nothing but annoying unwanted feedback for my taste.

Oh, and send the guy some scissors to dump that defunct mullet. :LOL: :LOL:

:confused: I'm shocked that you don't like that, but fair do's, every tone to their own!
If anyone here has tried those amps or can recommend others to get me very close to that sound/70's classic rock, that can be achieved at low volumes, I would really appreciate any info or advice! :)

Jonny333":14ycdzlw said:
:confused: I'm shocked that you don't like that, but fair do's, every tone to their own!
If anyone here has tried those amps or can recommend others to get me very close to that sound/70's classic rock, that can be achieved at low volumes, I would really appreciate any info or advice! :)

Don't kid yourself, those weren't low volumes. Another thing to bear in mind is where he's sitting - staying out of the direct-axis of the speaker cab. Otherwise he'd be 100% feedback and squeal IMHO. I like the tone, but whatever - heard a lot like it many a time before. Check out the Einstein or a Bogner XTC...maybe even a Shiva.

V.

Tbh, that's the top end of the gain stage I'ld like to reach in terms of satisfying my marshally classic rock tone, but I was very impressed by how nice the clean was purely from the guitar volume aswell. So am hoping the middle tones he gets are something creamy in between (not the band!). What do you guys think of the Vintage Modern if anyones tried it, does it have enough gain for something like that clip and can it do low volumes well?
The only thing I'm not so sure about on the tone is as you say it's is slightly too harmonic, and also has abit too much EVH sound for me. Keep suggestions coming and i'll check them out. Anything that sounds marshally with an average clean, nice 70's lead and upto the videos level of crunch and gain... at low volumes... Haha, it's starting to sound impossible. :scared:

I have to say you really do need to try an Einstein, I'm convinced that this thing can nail every tonal style ever if paired with the right guitar and a bit of tweaking.

I will definately check it out if I ever get the chance, but I am really looking for a marshall tone to cover those areas. I'm sure the einstein does a brilliant crunch and all that but surely has a more diezel type voicing? I just want some more diversity in my amp collection. With that in mind, any more opinions?

Back