One of our own(Splatter) is fighting COVID 19 UPDATE 9/15/20

RockyStar":29ct1yph said:
phil b":29ct1yph said:
technomancer":29ct1yph said:
Racerxrated":29ct1yph said:
romanianreaper":29ct1yph said:
halebox":29ct1yph said:
fucking ventilators are killing people. rip splatter sorry

Yeah like LPMojoGL said, some have helped folks. Splatter had some breathing issues before going in and definitely would have needed one. I think a lot of folks can go without them for sure but for some, unfortunately it is needed.
If a person needs a ventilator it’s because they cannot breathe on their own. Plain and simple.
RIP Tim

Exactly. If you need a ventilator you are very seriously ill, and unfortunately the survival rate once you get to that point with this stuff is low.

RIP :(
Vents are very good as in it will basically breathe for you and takes the stress off the lungs, along with the muscles..etc and gives them chance to heal/get stronger. You can breathe on your own but might be put on a vent while getting meds to strengthen/heal what the breathing issues are. Those decisions are on a case by cases basis.
With Covid it seems if you have weakened lungs to begin with, it attacks furiously and even with the patient on a vent the lungs never have a chance to get stronger as they are so deteriorated from the initial attack and since there really isnt a proven drug it just keeps going . Then there is the problem with infection. Vents are not really a long term solution and after a few weeks the chance for infection goes up and up over time. It just sucks that so many people dont understand just how bad this virus is. Good thing is Splatter was out and never felt much if any pain after a certain point.

There is a proven drug - Hydroxychloroquine. Many doctors have used it to treat Covid with great success. It is actually great for curing a lot of things.

Had to edit my post cause my original response was apparently too coherent for some.
Hydroxychloroquine unfortunately comes with serious side effects if your already weakened by Covid. It has been around forever for Malaria and works great for rheumatoid arthritis. As of this time there is no drug proven safe and effective for the majority of Covid cases.

Krull":344xdiik said:
^

"Source": Big Pharma industry
This is not the thread for opinions or politics. I work in Healthcare and have nothing to do with pharmaceutical industry. Instead of blaming what you think is a problem, try working on a solution. Sucks we lost a good forum member. Nobody deserves this shit. Not even you.

phil b":3rhhvraf said:
Krull":3rhhvraf said:
^

"Source": Big Pharma industry
This is not the thread for opinions or politics. I work in Healthcare and have nothing to do with pharmaceutical industry. Instead of blaming what you think is a problem, try working on a solution. Sucks we lost a good forum member. Nobody deserves this shit. Not even you.

Agreed. There is no cure. If there was, they'd be making billions off it. Bottom line Hydroxychloroquine "can" work but so can a handful of others things. It is still subject dependent. If you've got a weakness of any type for the virus to exploit..it will. Because there are no absolutes, it is a bit like russian roulette if you catch it and have a history or respiratory or other issues. As much as I love good conspiracy, I don't think they would tank economies and keep everyone locked up for nothing. (Someone might however, release something like this to take advantage of world markets and buy bargain stocks but even that is speculation) Bottom line, nothing brings Splatter back or anyone else back who has passed from this and it is a shame that his and other kids will be growing up without a parent. That's the brutal reality.

Krull":6bgdfi9w said:
Is that why the USA has the highest number of deaths around the world while many parts of the world are actually using HCQ?

Here's a link to the NIH in 2005 stating that HCQ is in fact effective on SARS-cov. Covid-19 is another SARS coronavirus. Aka SARS-cov-2.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

All the politicians and rich people are taking it. That's why they aren't dead.

HCQ is a generic 60 plus year old drug. No money to be made in that.

Ok, guys let's stay on topic here. Appreciate the info on the drugs and all but don't want to really let this get out of control for several reasons. Most of all, to have respect for our fallen brother here. Second, don't want this post to get shut down from political talk.

Been seeing a lot of gear on CL from the same location. Don't know if it is the splatter family but it kind of looks like it could be. No VH4 tho. Lots of Marshall 2203/2204 stuff, a Twin Jet, etc. Think of him everytime I see those ads. :cry:

SpiderWars":36w07ect said:
Been seeing a lot of gear on CL from the same location. Don't know if it is the splatter family but it kind of looks like it could be. No VH4 tho. Lots of Marshall 2203/2204 stuff, a Twin Jet, etc. Think of him everytime I see those ads. :cry:

Man. :( I hope someone gets to enjoy his gear and maybe every now and then Tim will mess with them and make the amp blow a fuse, etc. just to let them know he still is around.

Back